After you’ve set up your sites, create the EU consent message to be displayed to your eligible EEA (European Economic Area) & UK (United Kingdom) users of each domain.
In order to gather consent from your users, ensure you've added the Funding Choices tag to your site pages.
Complete the following steps create an EU consent message:
- In AdMob or Ad Manager, click the Privacy & messaging tab in the left menu.
- Click Go to Funding Choices at the top of the page.
- If necessary, follow the prompts to create an account, including accepting the Funding Choices terms and conditions.
- On the Funding Choices "Sites" page, select the site on which you want to display the message.
- Click Create. The "Select your message type" page opens.
- Click Select in the "EU consent" box. The "Consent details" page opens.
- Select IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework.
- Select purposes for your own use.
- Enter your privacy URL.
- Select vendors you want to use with this site.
- Click Save. You will be asked to confirm that you want to save, then the "EU consent messages" page opens.
- In the Message name field, give the message a name that allows you to quickly find it in the interface. The name is shown only in the Funding Choices interface; it won't be visible to your users.
- Select the language of the message.
- In the “Select the consent choices your users see” section, choose one of:
- Consent / Manage options: This message presents your users with a choice to consent to your vendors and your vendors’ purposes, or to customize their consent selections.
- Consent / Do not consent / Manage options: This message presents your users with a choice to consent to your vendors and your vendors’ purposes, not consent to your vendors and your vendors’ purposes, or to customize their consent selections.
- (Optional) Edit and format the message to match your site's editorial and visual standards.
- Click Continue to preview each of the message types.
- Click Save when you’re done.
- When you’re ready, publish the message.