/fit/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Google Fit app can't connect to Google Play services on Samsung Galaxy Watch4
I'm trying to get Google Fit apps installed on my Samsung Galaxy Watch4.

After the initial setup, I'm getting some kind of connection error and the watch doesn't sync with my phone. 

Other apps are working fine on the watch and Fit app is also working on my Android device. 

I've tried this over multiple days but still experiencing the same problem.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (7)
Wrangler of imaginary computers
Relevant Answer
Hi Marko,

I'm glad that you were able to find a solution!

Are you using a Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite) account on your watch?

Thanks,
John
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yes, I'm using Google Workspace account.

The error messages on the watch were not very helpful, eg. why can't they just say "Looks like you're using a Google Workspace account and don't have device policies installed so Google services will not work on your device" or even just suggest installing the app automatically when the app detects I'm using a Google Workspace account? 😂
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The Wear OS application on Android doesn't seem to work with this new watch. It couldn't find my device so have deleted it.

Edit: With the new Samsung watch, I'm also assuming that I might just be a paying beta user given these are some teething issues with their migration into Wear OS.

I'm kind of used to being a second class user with the Workspace account, which is funny itself given I pay Google for the services. Maybe one day those will be working as well as the free accounts. 

Thanks for your help and the tips. I'll see if I find another way to leave feedback with the relevant product team.
marked this as an answer
Wrangler of imaginary computers
Relevant Answer
Hey Marko,

Thanks for letting me know about that. In case you can't tell, I'm kind of learning this Wear OS 3 stuff as we go too!

Can you look for a feedback option in the Samsung app used for managing the watch?

Cheers,
John
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hey John

I actually tried contacting Samsung twice. Unfortunartely, they didn't seem to know anything about Google Fit or Google Play Services and pointed me to contact Google instead. 🤷‍♂️

Now that I remember for a while that I need to install device policies on all my Android devices (including watches), I can solve those issues and start figuring out some of the other issues I was having.

Google Pay for example didn't work on my watch (which could have been the same device policy issue) so I switched to Samsung Pay for now.

I see the Wear OS by Google Help Community pages have more relevant content to Wear OS 3 so will keep learning more as well. I'm on day five of my journey here. 😀

Thanks
Marko
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/fit/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic