Important: To determine when you’ve finished a workout, workout reminders use your device’s accelerometer data to determine when a workout stops. This data never leaves your device.
To help save battery, Fit detects when you’ve stopped moving and alerts you to stop your workout on your watch.
Fit determines you’ve stopped a workout:
- When you’re still for 5 minutes after activities like a run or a bike ride.
- When you’re still for 10 minutes after some other activities like a walk.
What you need
Fit only sends end workout reminders on some Wear OS devices.
Turn off end workout reminders
Important: End workout reminders are turned on by default. You can also turn reminders off for different activities at any time.
- If your screen is dim, tap it to wake up the watch.
- Open Google Fit .
- Start a workout.
- Tap More .
- Scroll and tap Settings Workout settings.
- Turn End workout reminders on or off.
Tip: If you ignore the reminder, it remains on screen until you restart the activity, dismiss the reminder, or take off your watch.
Activities where Fit alerts you 5 minutes after you stop
- Rowing machine
Activities where Fit alerts you 10 minutes after you stop
- Circuit training
- American football
- Australian football
- Interval training
- Jump rope
- Kettlebell training
- Stair climbing
- Strength training
- Table tennis
- Team sports
Activities that don't prompt end workout reminders