When you deploy new versions of your app, you can track how many of your users are upgrading, understand their engagement, and know how stable your release is across your user base. The Latest Release Report helps you understand app adoption, engagement, and stability metrics.
The data in the report is real-time fresh, and indicates the status of your rollout as of a few minutes ago (see the timestamp at the top of the report). Refresh the page to refresh the report and display more recent data.
To access the Latest Release report, click Latest Release in the Analytics section of the left navigation in your Firebase project console.
App version adoption
The app version adoption chart graphs adoption of each version of your app for the time period selected. You can move the mouse over the charted area to get a percentage breakdown in version adoption at any point within the displayed timeframe. Use the menu to change the displayed timeframe.
After your app is released, use the real-time card to get immediate feedback on your launch. The real-time card shows adoption and stability data within the last 30 minutes.
The version menu lets you filter data for each app version that has been active in the past 30 mins.
Click StreamView to view reporting on the stream of Analytics events. Learn more about StreamView.
Below the App version adoption card is information for each version of the app that has been released:
- Version number
- A label that indicates the state of the rollout (see Labels below)
- Date of release, and number of days since launch
- Adoption card
- % active users
- Engagement per session
- Crash-free users card
- Crash-free users (% of daily active users)
- Crashes per 10k sessions
Note: Exceptions logged on Android using Firebase Crash Reporting’s report API are counted as crashes. Please update to Firebase Crashlytics to get improved accuracy in crash reporting.
Each release is given one of the following labels:
- Successful release: The release is stable ( < 1% crashing sessions) and adoption is greater than 10% of daily active users (DAU)*
- Needs investigation (yellow): 1% of sessions (100 crashes per 10k sessions) crashed today and yesterday
- Needs investigation (red): 10% of sessions (1k crashes per 10k sessions) crashed today and yesterday
- Previous release: The release’s first day with 10% of daily active users (DAU)* was earlier than 15 days ago
- Release in progress: Percentage of daily active users (DAU)* has increased by more than 2% since the first day of release
- Low adoption: Percentage of daily active users (DAU)* has not increased by more than 2% and has never reached 10% since the first day of release
* This report calculates daily active users (DAU) for each app version for each day in the date range. Percentages are based on active users for all app versions.