Data Studio report template (Google Analytics for Firebase)
Google Data Studio turns your raw Analytics data into reports that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully customizable. It does this by leveraging its BigQuery connector: after you link your Firebase app to BigQuery, you can visualize your BigQuery dataset in Data Studio.
To get you started, we provide a sample report that is based on a comprehensive set of dimensions and metrics available through your BigQuery schema. Use this sample as template to quickly create new reports and visualizations based on your own app’s raw data. Proceed by following the steps below.
Use a sample report template
- Start by choosing the Events sample report.
- Click USE TEMPLATE in the upper right. The Create new report dialog appears.
- Map each Original Data Source to a corresponding New Data Source.
- If you’re just getting started with Data Studio, you should set up a new data source at this time by selecting from the corresponding Create New Data Source menu: BigQuery > MY PROJECTS > [Your Project] > [Your Dataset] > [Your Analytics table], and then Events.
- After you select a valid source, click CONNECT to create your new data source.
- Once your data source is created, click ADD TO REPORT to return to the report template with your new data source selected.
- Click CREATE REPORT.
You have now successfully created a copy of the sample report that uses your own Analytics BigQuery dataset.
Note the default date range
The sample report uses a default date range of Last 30 Days, and it compares metrics to the previous 30-day period.
If your data source has data to support the date range you selected, the reports update automatically with that data. If you see “Configuration error” messages, it indicates that your data source does not have data to support the date range you chose, and you should choose a different date range or wait until your BigQuery dataset accumulates more daily tables.