Firebase demo project
The Firebase demo project is a standard Firebase project with fully functioning Analytics, Crash Reporting, Test Lab, Notifications, Google Tag Manager and Remote Config features. Any Google user can access it. It’s a great way to look at real app data and explore the Firebase feature set.In this article:
Access the demo project
To open the demo project:
- Log in to the Firebase console using your Google account.
If you don't have a Google account, you can create one.
- Click Explore a demo project.
Where the data comes from
The data in the Firebase demo project is from the Flood It! Android app and iOS app, a real gaming app with in-app purchases. Flood It! is a puzzle game in which you have to flood the whole game board with one color in fewer than the allowed steps. The data in the Firebase demo project is typical of what you might see for a gaming app. It includes the following kinds of information:
- Analytics: Attribution data, key events, cohorts and funnel reporting. This includes data about first opens (think of these like installs), in-app purchases, and more.
- Remote Config: The parameters that control the app experience as well as the conditions that define which users receive which parameter values.
- Test Lab: The automated test results from running the app on numerous device/OS combinations for quality assurance purposes.
- Crash: Details on various crashes which have occurred in the app, including call stacks and device information.
- Notifications: The notification campaigns that were sent to users to re-engage them. This includes data about the number of messages sent, opened and the number of conversions attributed to each campaign.
- Google Tag Manager: Analytics events can be tracked from tags fired using Google Tag Manager, while giving you the additional ability to update certain parameters in your app without having to ship a new release.
Ways to use the demo project
Because it shows actual data from a gaming app, the demo project is useful for exploring Firebase features and reports. Here are a few things you can do using the demo project:
- View all standard Analytics reports populated with real data from the Flood It! app.
- Dissect Analytics reports by applying a variety of filters.
- See which ad campaigns are driving the most valuable users to the app.
- Track crashes and their impact on end users, and understand the steps that led to them.
- See the full notifications funnel for notifications sent from the Firebase Console.
- View Remote Config parameters to see how the user experience can be customized remotely.
- See test results from testing the app on real physical and virtual devices in the Firebase Test Lab.
All users have View only access to the Firebase demo project, meaning admin functionality will not be available. For example: Within the Analytics component you can see and manipulate reporting data (e.g., filter a report), but you cannot create an audience.
The following Firebase features are not currently in use by the Firebase demo project:
- Dynamic Links