Firebase demo project
The Firebase demo project is a standard Firebase project with fully functioning Analytics, Crash Reporting, Test Lab, Notifications, Google Tag Manager and Remote Config features. Any Google user can access it. It’s a great way to look at real app data and explore the Firebase feature set.In this article:
Access the demo project
Important: To gain access to the demo project, please select the link below. An alternative way to access the demo project is to go to your Firebase Console and select Explore a demo project. if you have not accessed the console before, one will automatically be created for you.
Where the data comes from
The data in the Firebase demo project is from the Flood It! Android app and iOS app, a real gaming app with in-app purchases. Flood It! is a puzzle game in which you have to flood the whole game board with one color in fewer than the allowed steps. The data in the Firebase demo project is typical of what you might see for a gaming app. It includes the following kinds of information:
- Analytics: Attribution data, key events, cohorts and funnel reporting. This includes data about first opens (think of these like installs), in-app purchases, and more.
- Remote Config: The parameters that control the app experience as well as the conditions which define which users receive which parameter values.
- Test Lab: The automated test results from running the app on numerous device/OS combinations for quality assurance purposes.
- Crash: Details on various crashes which have occurred in the app, including callstacks and device information.
- Notifications: The notification campaigns that were sent to users to re-engage them. This includes data about the number of messages sent, opened and the number of conversions attributed to each campaign.
- Google Tag Manager: Analytics events flow through Google Tag Manager, which affords you the ability to update your instrumentation without updating your app.
Ways to use the demo project
Because it shows actual data from a gaming app, the demo project is useful for exploring Firebase features and reports. Here are a few things you can do using the demo project:
- View all standard Analytics reports populated with real data from the Flood It! app.
- Dissect Analytics reports by applying a variety of filters.
- See which ad campaigns are driving the most valuable users to the app.
- Track crashes and their impact on end users, and understand the steps that led to them.
- See the full notifications funnel for notifications sent from the Firebase Console.
- View Remote Config parameters to see how values are varied based on targeting parameters, especially feature flags and percent targeting for staging and Analytics audience targeting for customization.
- See test results from testing the app on real physical and virtual devices in the Firebase Test Lab.
All users have View only access to the Firebase demo project, meaning admin functionality will not be available. For example: Within the Analytics component you can see and manipulate reporting data (e.g., filter a report), but you cannot create an audience.
The following Firebase features are not currently in use by the Firebase demo project:
- Dynamic Links