Use funnels to visualize and optimize the completion rate of a series of steps (events) in your app. For example, you might create a funnel that contains the steps necessary to create an account, and then track the completion rate of each step. You may discover that there is a specific stage of the account-creation flow where users abandon the process. You can filter your funnel reports by audiences or user properties to see whether some segments of your user base complete funnels at a higher rate. Gain insight using a funnel and then make the necessary changes to your app to improve retention.
Funnels in Firebase are open funnels meaning that users do not have to complete a previous step (e.g., step 1) in order to be included in the metrics for a later step (e.g., step 2).
Use this report for strict sequences of events that occur naturally within the app.
Create a funnel
To create a funnel:
- In Google Analytics or Firebase, navigate to your app.
- Google Analytics: Click Funnels in the report navigation.
Firebase: In Analytics, click Funnels.
- Click NEW FUNNEL.
- Enter a name and description for the funnel.
- For Step 1, select the event you want to be the first step in the funnel.
- Click Add another step for additional steps. For each step, select an event.
- Click Create.