To free up space, you can find and delete duplicate files on your device. Your original files are marked with a star and should not be deleted.
Important: If you clear junk files or delete files using Files by Google, the data will be permanently deleted
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- At the bottom, tap Clean .
- On the “Duplicate files” card, tap Select and free up.
- Next to "Select and free up," you'll see the amount of space you'll save.
- The original file is marked with a star. Select the unmarked files that you want to delete. We recommend that you keep the original file.
- Tap Delete .
- On the confirmation pop up, tap Delete .