Some apps store temporary files. You can free up space on your device by clearing these files. App settings are not affected.
Important: If you clear junk files or delete files using Files by Google, the data will be permanently deleted
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- On the bottom left, tap Clean .
- On the "Junk Files" card, tap Confirm and free up.
- Tap See junk files.
- Select the log files or temporary app files you want to clear.
- Tap Clear .
- On the confirmation pop up, tap Clear.
Can't find card for junk files
We only show the card when the minimum data availability criteria is met. Try to refresh the Clean tab (pull down to refresh).