Files by Google allows you to extract and view contents of compressed files.
Note: Only .zip files are supported.
To learn how to unzip your files in English, watch this video by our video contributor.
How to unzip files on Android phones? #zip #zipfiles #filesbygoogle #files
To learn how to unzip your files in Hindi, watch this video by our video contributor.
How to Open Zip Files on Android? | Extract Zip Files on Phone
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- At the bottom, tap Browse .
- Navigate to the folder that contains a .zip file that you want to unzip.
- Select the .zip file.
- A pop-up appears showing the content of that file.
- Tap Extract.
- You’re shown a preview of the extracted files. If you want to delete the .zip file after extraction, select the 'Delete ZIP file' tick box.
- Tap Done.
- The extracted files are saved in the same folders as the original .zip file.
Memory full error
If your storage is full, you may receive an error message when files are getting extracted. To fix this issue, increase your device storage space or move your data to an SD card.