On Files by Google, you can automatically delete backed-up photos to free up space.
When you turn on Smart Storage, photos backed up in Google Photos are deleted automatically:
- If photos are saved for 60 days
- If your device’s storage is less than 25%
Important: Automatic deletion of back-up photos is only available for Pixels users on Android S.
Automatic delete photos
- On your Android device, open the Files by Google app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings Smart Storage.
- In the confirmation dialog, tap Ok.