Change your unit information
You can review your unit listings on the Unit Information page of the Fiber website. If you need to make changes to the unit information, follow this procedure:
- On the Unit Information page, click Download Form. This downloads your unit information to your computer as a CSV (comma-separated value) text file. The first row identifies the four values listed for each unit: building name, street address, unit number, and zip code. Each additional row contains information for one unit.
- Use Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, or any text editing program to make changes to the CSV file. You can change information to correct it, or add or remove rows to make sure all units are listed.
To use Google Sheets for this procedure, go to Google Drive, click New > File Upload, then select the CSV file you downloaded in step 1. You can then click Open to edit the information in the new spreadsheet. When you're done editing, click File > Download as > Comma-separated values to save the file on your computer. Read more information about this process.
- Make the changes you want, then please check for the following common errors:
- Be sure you include an entry in each row in the building name, street address, and zip code cells. If you leave any of these cells blank, we won't be able to process the data correctly.
- Double-check to be sure you've entered data in the right columns. In particular, don't put the city name in the zip code column. (In fact, you don't have to enter the city name anywhere.)
- Click Upload Form to send your updates to Google Fiber. After the file is uploaded, you should see the updated information on the Unit Information page.