If you're moving to an address where Fiber service is available and a Fiber Jack is present, you can take your Google Fiber Phone equipment with you and use it at your new location. Please contact Google Fiber customer support and we'll take care of transferring your account information from your current address to your new address.
Once your account information is updated, you're ready to set up Google Fiber Phone in your new location in one of the following ways:
- Make an appointment to have a Fiber technician install your Google Fiber Phone service. (Some installations require a Fiber technician to install your equipment. If this is the case, customer support will advise you when you contact us to transfer your account information.)
- Get service started immediately by installing the equipment yourself using the steps that follow.
Ensure that your Google Fiber Network Box or Mini Network Box is connected and your Fiber service is active.
Solid blue light on Network Box
Phone Box to Network Box or TV Box
Connect the telephone to the Phone Box using the phone cord.
Telephone to Phone Box
Connect the Phone Box to a power outlet.
Phone Box to power outlet
Your Google Fiber Phone service will become active immediately. If you set up voicemail the first time you installed Google Fiber Phone, you can skip this step. If you've never set up Google Fiber Phone voicemail, or you just want to record a new message, use the steps that follow.
Dial *99 from your primary Google Fiber Phone (home landline or mobile phone) and follow the prompts to set up your voicemail.
If you're transferring an existing phone number to Google Fiber Phone, your number transfer will complete automatically within five business days. We will send you an email with a temporary number to use until your number transfer is complete. (When moving your Google Fiber Phone equipment to a new address from an existing address, this is an unlikely occurrence. )
If you set Google Fiber Phone options when you installed Google Fiber Phone the first time, you can skip this step, or if you'd like to make changes, sign in to Fiber using the name and email you use for your Fiber account and select Phone from the navigation menu. Google Fiber Phone settings let you:
- Use Google Fiber Phone on your mobile phone and other devices using Hangouts
- Forward your Google Fiber Phone number to another number
- Specify the types of incoming calls you'll accept
- Manage your calls and set Do Not Disturb options
- Set a ring schedule, and more!