If you're moving to an address where Google Fiber service is available (that already has a Fiber Jack), you can take your Google Fiber Phone equipment with you and use it at your new location. Contact us and we'll transfer your account from your current address to your new address.
Once your account information is updated, you're ready to set up Google Fiber Phone in your new location. You can either:
- Make an appointment to have a Google Fiber technician install your Google Fiber Phone service. (Some installations require a Google Fiber technician to install your equipment. If this is the case, our customer support team will let you know when to contact us to transfer your account information.)
- You can also choose to install the equipment yourself by following the steps outlined in this self-install video.
Make sure that your router is connected and your Google Fiber internet service is active.
Connect the Phone Box to your router using the ethernet cable provided in your Phone Box kit. Don’t have a spare ethernet port? You can use an ethernet adapter or switch.
Connect your home phone to the Google Fiber Phone Box using a telephone cable.
Connect the power adapter to the Google Fiber Phone Box and plug it into a power outlet.
Your Google Fiber Phone service will become active immediately. If you set up voicemail the first time you installed Google Fiber Phone, you can skip this step. If you've never set up Google Fiber Phone voicemail, or you just want to record a new message, use the steps that follow.
Dial *99 from your primary Google Fiber Phone (home landline or mobile phone) and follow the prompts to set up your voicemail.
If you're transferring an existing phone number to Google Fiber Phone, your number transfer will complete automatically within five business days. We will send you an email with a temporary number to use until your number transfer is complete. (When moving your Google Fiber Phone equipment to a new address from an existing address, this is an unlikely occurrence. )
If you set Google Fiber Phone options when you installed Google Fiber Phone the first time, you can skip this step, or if you'd like to make changes, sign in to Fiber using the name and email you use for your Fiber account and select Phone from the navigation menu. Google Fiber Phone settings let you:
- Use Google Fiber Phone on your mobile phone and other devices using Hangouts
- Forward your Google Fiber Phone number to another number
- Specify the types of incoming calls you'll accept
- Manage your calls and set Do Not Disturb options
- Set a ring schedule, and more!