TV Box product info (GFHD100)
Read these instructions before using your TV Box. We do not want you to get hurt or your TV Box to get damaged.
- Do not use your TV Box near water. If you need to clean it, do not use a wet towel. Keep your TV Box dry.
- Do not place your TV Box near any heat sources, such as hot appliances like heaters and radiators, other electronics like computers and stereos, or inside your fireplace. Your TV Box is cool, and you should help it to stay that way.
- The TV Box is for indoor use only. Do not try to use it outside.
- Only plug in cables and accessories specified and as directed by Google Fiber.
- Protect your TV Box's power cord by allowing it to loosely rest between the device and the power outlet. Do not stretch it or compress it between objects.
- Do not try to open, modify, or repair your TV Box. This could cause electric shock or injury to you. Any customer modification not expressly approved by Google voids your authority to operate the equipment and will void your device warranty. If you think something is wrong with your TV Box, contact Google Fiber customer support.
- If your TV Box gets wet, its power cord appears damaged, or it is generally not behaving properly, contact Google Fiber customer support.
- The TV Box does not have an on/off switch. If you want to turn it off, use the tv box button on the remote control.
- Handle your TV Box with care. Do not drop or shake your TV Box.
- It is expected that your TV Box will get warm, but it needs ventilation to continue to function properly. Do not block the vents. Your TV Box may bring cool air in from the bottom and push warm air out the back. It is important that the TV Box is placed on a unobstructed, solid surface. Do not place the TV Box on a soft surface, such as a carpeted floor, which may block the airflow.
Failure to follow these safety instructions could result in fire, electric shock, or other injury or damage to the TV Box or your property.
Do not attempt to open or modify the TV Box. If you do so, you run the risk of electric shock or injury. There are no user-serviceable parts inside the TV Box.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose TV Box to the outdoors, liquid, moisture, excessive heat, or fire.
The TV Box packaging may include plastic bags and tie-wraps. Dispose of these properly and keep them out of reach of children, as they could present a choking hazard. Your TV Box may have removable rubber feet. If removed, these may be a choking hazard for small children. Keep the TV Box, its cords, and its accessories out of the reach of small children.
Regulatory compliance information
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B Digital Device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
|FCC ID: O6ZGFHD100|
Wireless radio use
The TV Box is restricted to indoor use when the embedded Wi-Fi access point is enabled and operating in the 2.4 GHz frequency band.
Google clean and green
If your TV Box needs to be replaced or returned to Google, do not dispose of your TV Box in the trash. For details about how to return it for proper disposal, contact Google Fiber customer support.
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby laboratories.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition multimedia interface are trademarks and registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
For DTS patents, see patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS Licensing Limited. DTS, DTS-HD, the Symbol, and DTS and the symbol together are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This item incorporates copy protection technology that is protected by U.S. patents and other intellectual property rights of Rovi Corporation. Reverse engineering and disassembly are prohibited.
TV Box and Remote Control Limited Warranty
As part of your Google Fiber subscription, you have received a number of devices from Google Fiber. This limited warranty covers the following devices:
TV Box - one included for Fiber 1000 + TV subscribers; additional boxes available for purchase
Remote Control - one included with each TV Box
The TV Box and Remote Control are referred to below as "Google Fiber Devices".
Google Fiber warrants the Google Fiber Devices against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use (“Limited Warranty”).
This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in cities where Google Fiber makes its services available. This Limited Warranty will not apply if you acquire your Google Fiber Devices from a party other than Google Fiber. This Limited Warranty only applies to hardware components. Google Fiber does not provide any warranty for damage caused by normal wear and tear, accidents, misuse (including failure to follow product documentation), neglect, disassembly, alterations and external causes such as but not limited to extreme thermal or environmental conditions. This Limited Warranty does not guarantee that use of the Google Fiber Devices will be uninterrupted or error free.
EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR GOOGLE FIBER DEVICES: If a defect arises with the Google Fiber Devices at any time while you are still a Subscriber to Google Fiber services, we will in our sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law either repair the defective device using new or refurbished parts or replace the defective device with a new or refurbished device with functionality at least equivalent to the defective Google Fiber Device. If Google Fiber repairs or replaces any Google Fiber Device, the repaired or replaced device will continue to be warranted for the remaining time of the original warranty period. All returned parts for which you have received a replacement will become the property of Google Fiber. To make a warranty claim, contact Google Fiber customer support.
In order to qualify for the remedies above, you must provide your name, contact information, subscriber information and the serial number of the Google Fiber Devices about which you have questions to receive support.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY WRITTEN ABOVE IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY GOOGLE FIBER PROVIDES FOR THE GOOGLE FIBER DEVICES, AND THE ABOVE REMEDIES ARE YOUR ONLY REMEDIES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GOOGLE FIBER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE GOOGLE FIBER DEVICES, EXCEPT THAT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO TWO YEARS.
Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GOOGLE FIBER AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY, “GOOGLE PARTIES”) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE GOOGLE FIBER DEVICES OR THESE TERMS, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER OR NOT A GOOGLE PARTY OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GOOGLE PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE GOOGLE FIBER DEVICES OR THE LIMITED WARRANTY ABOVE WILL NOT EXCEED THE REPLACEMENT VALUE OF THE GOOGLE FIBER DEVICES.
Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
No employee or representative of Google Fiber or its affiliates or any third party is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the remaining terms of this Limited Warranty will remain in full force and effect.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from State to State.
Google Fiber contact information
Google Fiber Customer Support
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: (866) 777-7550
Fax: (512) 558-7577
Our contact page also provides ways for you to reach us by chat or email.