Use the Detailed Info screen in the Fiber TV app (Android)
The Detailed Info screen appears whenever you select a movie or a TV show and touch Details. This screen displays the show's title, artwork, cast, description, and genres. You can also record the show and see future airings from this screen.
Swipe up to see more information in the following categories:
- A Record switch under the image, at the right. Touch the switch to turn recordings on and off. If you set the show to record, a Settings icon appears. Touch Settings to display recording options.
- A button to watch or rent the show live on TV or from On Demand, Netflix, or VUDU, if available. Touch the button to play the show. The show plays on the screen you're controlling. Touch the cast icon at the top right to choose a different screen to watch the show.
- Recent recordings and upcoming airings, if any. Touch an item to see its info card.
- A synopsis of the show or movie.
- Cast & crew. Touch an item to see more information about that cast or crew member. Touch See full cast to list more people.
When you select a title from Netflix or VUDU, the Netflix or VUDU app opens on your TV or mobile device—whichever screen you are controlling. For this to work, you need to activate Netflix or VUDU on your Google Fiber TV box. To stream these services with the Fiber mobile app, you also need to install the Netflix or VUDU app on your mobile device.
In addition, when you play Netflix content on your TV, you might have to select a user profile before the content starts playback. When you play VUDU content on your TV, you might have to select a purchase or rental option before you can play the content.
You can also use your remote to display the Detailed Info screen whenever you select a movie or a TV show.