Perform a Fiber speed test
You've probably used speed test sites to test your Internet connection speed, but many sites are not designed for ultra-fast services like Fiber 1000. To enable you to accurately measure your connection speed, we built a speed test that can handle Fiber.
This speed test is designed only for Google Fiber connections. Using this speed test for other types of Internet connections can produce unreliable results.
To test your connection speed:
Open your browser and go to speed.googlefiber.net.
If you have pop-ups blocked, the speed test may not appear when you click the speed test link. If this occurs, unblock pop-ups temporarily to display the speed test page.
Click the play button to start the test.
The speed test checks your upload and download speeds and displays the results.
For best speed test results, do the following:
- Use the latest version of your web browser to run the speed test. Read about supported browsers.
- Quit all applications on your computer before running the test.
- If you have Fiber TV service, remember that both TV and data come into your home through your Fiber Jack, and TV takes priority. To maximize results, run the speed test when you're not recording any programs and turn off your TV Box.
- If possible, run the test on a recent model computer with up-to-date networking hardware.
- Optimize your wireless network.
Denise is a Google Fiber expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.