/fi/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Price Protection for Black Friday Promotion 0 Recommended Answers 83 Replies 358 Me Too's
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Hi everyone,

For those of you that purchased a device as a part of our Black Friday promotion (on fi.google.com: November 23rd - November 27th; or on store.google.com: November 22rd - November 27th) and attempted to contact us on November 28th to receive price protection-- this will be honored (even if you weren’t able to speak with Fi support directly), so long as you satisfy the terms of the Travel on Fi promotion. Therefore, you do not need to contact us to receive price protection. We will be sending out an email to all applicable customers (with the full terms) within the next week confirming this.

These are some of the important terms and conditions (below) you’ll need to satisfy to receive price protection:
  • Activate your phone within 15 days of device shipment
  • As a new Fi user, make sure you finish signing up for Google Fi at fi.google.com/signup. You can refer to your setup email from Google Store for further instructions.
  • If you’re new to Google Fi, you will need to transfer your personal number to Fi from your current carrier. Your number must have been created prior to 8/28/18 12:00 AM PT.
  • If you’re a part of a group plan, each phone must be activated by members in your group plan and satisfy the terms and conditions.
  • There is a limit of one promotion per person.
  • If eligible, please note that price protection will be provided for the difference in Black Friday and Travel on Fi promotional values in the form of Fi service credits.

Reminder: You do not need to contact Fi Support to receive price protection. We will be sending out an email to all applicable customers (with the full terms) within the next week confirming this.

Thank you,
Kelly - Google Fi Community Manager
All Replies (83)
11/30/18
Wow that's awesome and very nice of Fi
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/30/18
Wow!  Google keeps surprising in the most positive ways.  Keep it guys!  <3
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/30/18
Wow that's wonderful; I had contacted Fi about this and never heard back because of how overloaded things are. I'll look for that email in the next week. Thanks for trying to make up the customer service delays to us.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/30/18
Lol 'Nice.' Its going take longer than 15 days to get my phone and they already got the device protection plan running on me, wow how awesome and nice they are. I feel like I'm gonna get hosed on the Black Friday deal too. This whole experience has been a disaster. Absolutely regrettable.
Last edited 12/1/18
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/30/18
This is so frustrating. Everyone at Fi and Google store told me I couldn't get the credits for Fi after I purchased through Google store the previous day. I had to return the first. And still waiting on my delayed Fi phone because they wouldnt honor it. Come on. This is just lame now.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/30/18
The black friday deal i got was 200$ Off the Pixel 3 XL, and another 200$ in Fi phone Credit for transferring my line. I also did the trade in offer of 355$ for my current Iphone. My total cost was 799$. So will i gett 799 back in Fi credits or will i get 799 Minus (200 Activation)= 599 in credit. Also, how will my trade in phone affect the price match will it also give me credits or will it be counted as another promotion and become (599 Minus 355 Iphone) = 344 price protection credit I would get? Thanks in advance!
Last edited 11/30/18
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/30/18
Human mistakes are inevitable, but they are clearly trying to make up for any frustration they might have caused.  Just think about how hard it must have been to answer all those never-ending phone calls on Wednesday.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/30/18
I appreciate that Project Fi is trying to do the right thing by honoring the price for those of us who purchased  phones on black Friday.  However, the idea that you can tell for sure that we tried to contact support is frustrating.  Chat was down and I couldn't get in.  The phone system was overwhelmed with extremely long wait times.  Please honor this for myself and others without requiring that we waited on hold for hours.  Some of us can't always do that.  Even honoring a portion of the deal would be better than the current position.  Please do the right thing.
Last edited 11/30/18
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
11/30/18
Great!I really enjoy this service.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
1 day
Can someone help me understand this message about Price Protection? I purchased a mobile from FI on 11/28 and i haven't any received email saying i'm eligible for Travel promo. I contacted FI support and i was said i'm not eligible for the promo because i made the purchase after 7 PM PST on 11/28.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/fi/threads
false
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update me-too.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic