/fi/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Google Fi Promotions - FAQs
Hi everyone,

Please see below for clarifications on some past and present Google Fi deals:

About

What were the 11/28/18 deals on Fi?

Travel on Fi with Any Device Purchase Promotion
On 11/28/18 only, whether you were new to Fi or already one of our subscribers, when you bought a phone from Google Fi, you could travel on us, too. For any phone you purchased from fi.google.com, you’ll receive the same value back in your choice of travel gift cards, which you can spend on flights with Delta and Southwest or lodging with Airbnb and hotels.com.

$200 Fi Service Credit with Compatible Phone Activation on Google Fi Promotion
If you opted to bring your own phone to Google Fi when you signed up on 11/28/18 and activated with your existing phone number, you’ll earn $200 Google Fi service credit. Note: This offer cannot be combined with the Travel on Fi promotion on store.google.com.

Referral Promotion
Additionally, from 11/28/18 until January 8th, current Fi subscribers can refer a friend to Fi and earn $100 in referral credit per eligible referral for up to $700 in total referral credits, including past referral credits earned to date.

Promotion Status Tracker

I don’t see my promo status at g.co/fi/nov28promos. What’s going on?
If you (or someone else on your plan) participated in the 11/28/18 promotion, but don’t see the promo tracker in your Special Promotions tab, don’t worry! Check with the person who purchased the phone—often the plan owner or manager—to see if your promo tracker is displayed in their Special Promotions tab.

Also, if you returned your device for a replacement (RMA), you will not see the promo tracker on the Special Promotions tab. Not to worry - you are still eligible for the promotion assuming you meet all terms and conditions.

Additionally, if you purchased any device(s) from store.google.com, you will not see your promotion status at g.co/fi/nov28promos, however you are still eligible for the promotion, so long as you satisfy all of the applicable terms and conditions.

Travel on Fi Promotion

I purchased a device on 11/28/18 before 7PM PT. How do I make sure I qualify for this promotion?
Make sure you meet the following conditions to receive your travel gift cards:
  • Activate your phone within 25 days of device shipment and remain active for 60 consecutive days within 75 days of device shipment. (If Fi service is paused for more than 7 days or cancelled within 120 days of activation, the value of the gift card will be charged to your Google Payments account to match the purchased price of the device.)
    • [Updated 12/19] Due to unexpected changes in shipping times, as a courtesy we've extended the activation time frame. You now can activate your phone within 25 days of shipment (previously 15 days).
  • You’ll receive your rewards link 75-90 days after activating your device—but don’t cancel your Fi service prior to 120 days or pause it for more than 7 days, or you’ll be charged the value of the gift card.
  • Each phone must be activated by members in your group plan and satisfy the terms and conditions.
  • There’s a limit of one promotion per person.
Do the Travel on Fi redemption links expire? Is there an expiration date for the gift cards?
The rewards links and gift cards provided by Tango don't expire and are subject to separate terms.

When will I get my reward link?
You’ll get an email with your reward link 75-90 days after activating Google Fi on your new phone. Your Fi service must remain active for 120 days total to avoid a charge for the value of your reward.

I purchased a device during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Did I need to return my device to take advantage of this offer?
For those of you that purchased a device as a part of our Black Friday promotion (on fi.google.com: November 23rd - November 27th; or on store.google.com: November 22nd - November 27th) and attempted to contact us on November 28th to receive price protection-- this will be honored (even if you weren’t able to speak with Fi support directly), so long as you satisfy the activation, service, and longevity terms of the Travel on Fi promotion.

If I’m in a Group Plan, could each member have qualified for the Travel on Fi promotion?
Yes. One promotion per person, regardless of whether you had an individual or a group account.

Did device trade-ins qualify for the Travel on Fi promotion?
Yes. You could have redeemed a travel gift card in the amount you paid for the device, excluding taxes, which was the phone price. You should have received your trade-in value as a Fi credit, in addition to the travel credit.
If I financed my new phone, did I qualify for the Travel on Fi promotion?
Yes, if you pay for your phone over time, you were still eligible to receive the travel credit.

Did I need to pay off my current phone's balance to upgrade to a new one?
Yes. To have upgraded your phone and have qualified for Travel on Fi, you must have paid your current device in full first. You can also finance your new device.

If I was new to Fi-- to qualify for Travel on Fi, did I need to port in an existing number, or could I have gotten a new number?
You must have ported an existing number from another carrier.

$200 Activation Promotion

If I was new to Fi-- to qualify for the $200 credit, did I need to port in an existing number, or could I have gotten new number?
You must have ported an existing number from another carrier.

If I signed-up with a referral, did I get both the $20 referral credit and the $200 service credit promotion?
Yes, you were eligible to receive both the $20 referral credit and the $200 service credit promotion.

Referral Program Promotion

Is there a promotion for Fi subscribers that aren’t looking to purchase a new phone?
Yes. You can refer a friend to Fi and earn $100 in referral credit per eligible referral for up to $700 in total referral credits. More information on our Referral Program here.

---

See the full terms and conditions for all of our current promotions on the Google Fi site.

Still have questions? Let us know here!
-Kelly, Google Fi Community Manager
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (736)
Relevant Answer
I just moved to the US and I want to benefit from that promotion but I currently don't have a US PHONE NUMBER. So I'm force to ask for a new phone number - will I still be able to get the travel gift card? the FAQs say that I need to provide my us phone number (but I don't have one...) - I basically want to buy a PIXEL 3XL at $900...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If I had gotten on Fi from a promotion from earlier this year ($20 credit), would I still be able to qualify for the Travel on Fi promotion?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Kelly, I purchased a device over the weekend and am trying to contact support to ask about price protection, as you suggest. Chat is disabled, and I've been repeatedly disconnected over the phone (once after waiting on hold for nearly 2 hours). I sent an email to Fi support using the online form, but it didn't sent me a copy or provide a ticket number or other evidence that it even went through. What else should I be doing? Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hey there! I've repeatedly been disconnected over the phone and chat support is currently down.

I want to know my eligibility for the Travel on Fi and $200 Fi Service Credit promotions. I have a transferrable number that has been in use since long before August 2018, but it was transferred from one carrier to another in September 2018. Am I still eligible considering the following?

"The number being transferred must be currently active and have been active with the previous carrier and the user since 8/28/18 12:00 AM PT."
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If I buy the phone with Google Fi service to get the reward, would it be locked into Google Fi forever (like other service provider phones are)? If the person using the phone ends up spending an extended amount of time abroad after the promotional time period for service ends, the person can no longer use the Google Fi service, right? Would the phone still work on another provider?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I want to do the Travel with Fi promotion. How will you know to give me the Travel with Fi link instead of the $200 promotion? Will I make that selection at some point?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm coming over from Sprint - it's saying I have to port in.  Do you mean once we get the phone I have to port in to qualify?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Just signed up for the FI service - how do I get the $200 credit? Do I need to do anything or does it automatically appear in the billing statement ?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks for the information Kelly! It saved me from ordering a second phone just now because I would like to take advantage of the promotion. I purchased on Sunday. That said, I am in the same boat as Evan. What should we do having not been successful in reaching someone in Google Fi support about price protection?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I tried to sign up for a 24 month payment play for the Pixel 3 XL and it locked me out for having tried too many times for credit checks. I want to fix this so I can be eligible for the promotion but 24hrs wait time exceeds the time for the promotion.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm not understanding this pricing plan. I regularly use 40GB of full speed data per month. If I'm reading this right it would cost be in excess of $400. I'm currently paying a quarter of that with my current providers plan. Am I missing something or is FI expensive?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm looking at the $200 credit promotion and wanted to clarify if I sign up for a plan with 5 lines, can I get $200 credit per line (assuming each line brings their own phone with an existing number), or just on the first line?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My account does not have an option to pay off my old phone in full before ordering the new phone today. So, I ordered my Pixel 3 XL on financing and set my Moto X4 to pay off at the next billing cycle. 

I've been on hold for long periods of time and I am disconnected after 90+ minutes, so I will try asking on this support post.  Will my purchase qualify?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I submitted an order for the gift card promotion, and when going through order process it offered to port in my google voice number as an option.  I chose that option, and completed the order, but then after reading T&C it says must be older than 8/28/18.  My Google Voice # is only 3 weeks old.  Will I be ineligible for the promotion?  If so, can I change my ported phone number on the current order, or will I need to cancel and submit a new order?

EDIT:  I haven't seen any responses to the comments.  Is this FAQ being monitored?  Is anyone looking at these and responding?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When do we actually have to port in the number? It didnt ask for port in information when I ordered the phone. Do we have to enter that information by end of today or we can wait until we actually get the phone.

Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i would love to take afvantage of this but your phone queue is hours long and chat is down.... so apparently i cant? thanks google.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does anybody know if the travel deal works if you had a google fi account but it was cancelled?  Or would I have to port in a new number, or could I reactivate my old google fi account?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does this port in work on Google Voice number ?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If you canelled Fi and ported the number over to a different carrier and want to port back will you still be eligible for the travel credit?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Is the 15 day window after the phone ships to activate Google Fi service, or to activate the new device? This page says "service", but the promotion terms say "a device".

I have had Google Fi service for over 2 years, but I'm going to be out of the country for a couple weeks when the new device would be likely to arrive. If the requirement is to activate Google Fi service, I'll be fine, but if it's to activate the new device, I could miss the window.
marked this as an answer
“To know what you know and know what you do not know — this then is wisdom."
Relevant Answer
Pierre and all: If you don't have an existing Fi account, you must port in an existing phone number that you have had since at least August 28th to get the travel gift card.  

If you use a referral code, you can get a $20 credit, which isn't nearly as good, of course, but it's something.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have tried to contact Project Fi helpline several times today and got disconnected a bunch of times. Chat is disabled. Registered for a callback and never got a call :-(
I bought a Pixel 3 over the weekend and I want check if I qualify for this please help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Would porting in my google voice number count?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm trying to login to Fi, but it says 
Service canceled
To sign up for Google Fi again, contact us.

Does this mean I'm not eligible for the $200 credit promotion when I port in from T-Mobile?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If you have an existing Fi account, but are not currently active, can you still take advantage of this promotion?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Rich Muller: see this info about the pricing: https://fi.google.com/about/plan/
If you use 40GB high speed data per month:
> $20 for phone/SMS
> $60 for 6-15GB high speed data 
> $10/GB for high speed data above 15GB, so 25GB of additional high speed data would be an additional $250 (slower data has no additional charge)

So yes, if you use that much high speed data every month your bill could be significant.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Signed up today to port my number from a carrier. Can I use the sim card from the device I purchased on Black Friday/Cyber Monday (for which I wanted to use my google voice number)?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Rino Rajan: porting in your Google Voice number should count as porting in a number, as long as you have had the Google Voice number since August 28th and you otherwise qualify for the deal.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem as some already posted. Tried all evening to sign up with no success online or via phone. Wanted to take advantage of the one day special, bring your own phone for $200 credit, doesn't look like I will be able to. No luck online and have been holding the phone open for better part of an hour. How can we make this work????
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I've been trying to get a call back since 3pm today. I ordered a Pixel 3 through fi.google.com on Black Friday and want to get the new deal. Is Google trying to avoid honoring this article?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am in a similar boat as Evan and Frank G above, except I purchased a Pixel 3 on Thursday, 11/22.  I have been on hold for a while and wondering if I will be able to get through to ask now that I see some of the comments here.  Would appreciate being able to find out if I'm eligible for price protection, or if to take advantage of Travel on Fi I need to re-order the Pixel 3 and return the Pixel 3 that hasn't even arrived yet?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I've been with phone support for 1.5 hours now. I just ordered my 3XL last night and then this travel deal dropped today which is much better. Can I cancel/return and just reorder the phone. Or maybe to even avoid all that hassle, just provide me additional credits??
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I didn't know my phone number had to be three months old. I got a new number on 9/27. I started a group plan with my husband (I'm the primary account holder I guess) and will be porting his number over when we get the sim card. Can I get a new number through Fi and still get the promotion because he's porting a number? 

And if not, if we sign up through his number how does it work if we have to wait for a sim card? It says you need to port a number over but obviously we won't want to lose his service for the 4 days or however long it takes to get his sim. I'm fine because I have a P2, but he has an iphone.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Junius, I'm in a similar situation to yours too. But I have been on hold, registered for a callback for several (> 3 hours) hours now :(

I have not heard/read a single person actually being able to avail this offer.
I'm not sure if this is even a real thing anymore or maybe just their website was hacked?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does the gift card have any fees associated with it?  For instance, does the balance begin to diminish after "x" number of months?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Just ordered, but my phone is not scheduled to arrive until December 17th. Does the 15 days to activate the device start at that time or today, November 28, 2018? If it starts today, I will be unable to activate the device before it arrives.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
So if I had used a referral code back in August to join Project Fi, I can't get the Travel Fi promotion now if I buy Pixel 3?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
DETAILS ON TANGO TERMS?
So I'm trying to figure a few things out that aren't spelled out, and can't seem to find details from Tango.

1. Is the travel credit something that has to be selected for use with ONE of the partners (Delta, Airbnb, SW, Hotels.com)? Or is it a general gift card that can be used on them in combination? 

2. Do I have to use the credit at once, or can it be split? A trip here, a stay there... etc.

3. Is the discount on the phone combined with the travel credit? For example, the G7 is usually $750, today $550. Do I get the phone for $550 AND the $550 travel credit? 

4. Like everyone else, unable to use chat or get a hold of anyone, and the callback hangs up on me, will Google be extending the offer due to the inability to meet the ability to answer and clarify customer concerns? 

(I do have to say that this (communication, accessibility, details) has been the one shortcoming of Fi since joining 4 months ago and shopping prior... That's where the $ tradeoff comes in I guess, but it is not representative of what I'd expect from Google.)

Thanks, hope for a relatively quick and clear customer service response. Much appreciated!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@PeggyK Thanks for the reply! Sad for google..
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
To Kelly...

The rewards links and gift cards provided by Tango don't expire and are subject to separate terms.

Where are the "separate terms" spelled out to see how flexible or restrictive the rewards are?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I bought Pixel 3XL and would like to port in my Google Voice number - will I still be eligible for travel promotion?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does porting a NUMBER that has existed before 8/28 (though not with a consistent CARRIER) work?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm having the same issue as Junius, Frank, and Evan. I just received the Pixel 3 in the mail from Cyber Monday and don't want to have to return it and rebuy it just for the new Travel Credit deal to apply. Since the promotion is only for today, could we have an update on the best thing to do if we can't get in contact with a customer service rep?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
As couple of others have mentioned, I tried ordering the phone on Google Fi and I get a "Service canceled
To sign up for Google Fi again, contact us." message. When I try to contact the number provided, call gets disconnected saying you are too busy. I tried the call back option and after giving a wait time in excess of 100 minutes, the page simply says Google rep wasn't able to reach me within a minute or two. So, I am not sure how to take advantage of this offer.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks Google for a nice kick in the face! Seriously this is how you treat longtime Fi Customers and an early adopter of your much awaited new phone with a very attractive deal and offer. Well lesson learnt, never again will I order a phone the day you announce it, first time I did this and now I know to remember that patience is awarded.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I was talking to an agent from Google Fi but after confirming my email they hung up on me...finally connected through - and they said my Black Friday / Cyber Monday purchase did NOT qualify for their Travel on Fi (up to $999) promotion. To which I showed them this article, and they said I DO have to cancel and then repurchase today to qualify.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does google voice number count as porting in a number from another carrier?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does google voice number count as porting in a number from another carrier?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have a question regarding the gift card from the deal. Say if I choose a $999 Delta airline gift card, is there any limitation on that gift card? For example, if I plan to purchase a $999 air ticket, can I just pay for it by the gift card?

Once a time that I got a $150 gift credit from United airline, but I can only use at most $50 each time, that is why I ask the question.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same question as Frank and Evan.  Just purchased the 3 and the box isn't even opened yet. Was for my wife on current provide but will switch and try FI for the travel Deal. I can not get through to support. I tried to return the phone through the google store and when I choose the option of "better deal" it greyed out the return button and said if I was returning for a google FI deal google would "make it right" assuming that "make it right" includes tomorrow since I can't get through and I can not return the phone either?  OR should I just choose another reason for returning the phone?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Just got a new phone using fi.google.com. How do I know if I have qualified for the travel card offer for my new Pixel 3 XL worth $999? There was nothing on the email or on the order page or the fi.google.com/account page about the travel cards for 999$.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Kelly,

I'm in the same boat as many other folks here. I bought a Pixel 3 XL three days ago (Nov 25th) and I would like to take advantage of the travel credit offer Fi is doing today (Nov 28th). Do I need to return the phone and repurchase to take advantage of this offer today? Or can you offer price protection and give me the travel credit? 

I have tried calling the Fi support line several times but I can't get through. I have also emailed support but I haven't gotten a message with a ticket# like I usually do.

Thanks, Ali
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hey Google what's with the crickets.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello I want to lock in the price protection but I cannot reach google support. I purchased during cyber deal. What are my options?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If I finance the phone do i get $33(one month, technically paid amount) of travel credit or the full $799 in the travel gift card?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Just got off the phone with Kevin from Fi support regarding my issue after  being on hold for almost 2 hours.  Instead of going thru the hassle of return and reorder they will credit me instead with Fi credits which at this point works best.  Since I'm traveling this Friday hence why I rushed my order that i placed yesterday.  Also at this point the white 128 P3XL is out of stock at the moment.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My number is saying it's not portable when I enter it. Is it still possible to take advantage of the program? The number is not new. I've had it for the past 15+ years
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Been on hold forever...Can I get the price protection if I just call back tomorrow?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Can you please confirm on the FAQ that the $200 activation promotion for BYOD applies to each line ported onto a group account?  That is, 2 lines would get $400 and 3 lines would get $600?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
So, I just ordered two new phones with sign up for Google Fi group. I checked both phone numbers before ordering and they all showed fine. Then, after paying, one gmail received an invitation email. I clicked the link and it brought me to the porting number screen which reported something wrong with my number. Weird. So, I just clicked "uninvite" button on my account, trying to re-invite using another gmail account. However, now it asks me for buying a new phone or bring in their phone. I wonder if I choose bring in their phone, will it affect my promotion?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I bought a Pixel 3 from the Google Store during Thanksgiving/Black Friday and wanted to port this to Fi. Will I be eligible for the travel credits? I haven't received the phone yet but want to activate service on Fi to geth the service credit. Please help!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Bought the Pixel 3 on 11/22 with the Black Friday deal.  Do I have price protection?  Similar situation as many who posted here. Currently on hold with customer support...over an hour now.  Seems silly that I have to return the phone which hasn't even arrived yet to be able to get this Travel on Fi deal.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Do you have to port your number NOW, or can you wait until the device arrives? Is the 15 day limit from shipping taking into account that the fastest shipping option estimates arriving after 15 days? Depending on these answers, this could be either a great deal or a big scam.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Figured I would get on this train since I haven't received any response from a couple of hours ago regarding this deal. Wife and I got phones two days ago, but this seems like a better deal.  Want to have a record of it. Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If I finance my new phone, will I qualify for the Travel on Fi promotion?
Yes, if you pay for your phone over time you'll still receive travel credit.

If I finance the Google XL 3 ($999) - Will I receive the full $999 travel credit? Or will it be as much as I paid at that time of registering with Project Tango? (bill payments x days till received link = money spent)
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Worst communicated promotion ever! Support is probably overwhelmed due to lack of details about all of this.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Stephanie D and all: if you purchased your device with a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal, contact Fi support today to find out if it's eligible for price protection.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Gold Product ExpertPeggyK / Have you been reading any of the folks posting stating that getting through to support is impossible. Are you just taunting everyone, cut it out, not funny.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Like others here I signed up using the Black Friday deal (got the Moto X4), am I eligible for price protection?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Stacey Shafer: you need to port your number in if you are a new Fi customer to get the deal.

More info from Fi about porting in phone numbers
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
based on this reply:

"Stephanie D and all: if you purchased your device with a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal, contact Fi support today to find out if it's eligible for price protection."

and the fact that many will never get through "TODAY"  I'm thinking for those of us that ordered a phone on a black Friday deal it's best to choose another reason for return and a new purchase. I know my return date is eligible until 12/12 and a $35 restocking fee which considering the offer is well worth it. Agree it's a shame to have to return and repurchase the same device but doesn't look like google is giving many options. Assuming this promo overwhelmed them.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have the same problem as Sophie Jia. My current number has been active for a long time, but I had it transferred from one carrier to another two months ago. Does this number still meet the terms?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Since the https://fi.google.com/account#buydevices part  of the Fi website is not responding, I ordered via the Google Store, which is also showing the offer.
Its this ok or will I get burned by this?
I'm interested in the gift card and I have Fi for over a year.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am also attempting to get this travel gift card offer honored via price protection for my Black Friday Pixel 3 purchase 

Is it possible to contact support tomorrow and still have the new offer honored?

Getting in contact with support is nearly impossible, and I have no record aside from my call history for the numerous emails and attempts to request a phone call.

I finally received a phone call and was placed on hold for an advertised "30 minutes" which is now actually about 70 minutes.

I simply don't have hours of free time to wait on hold.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
"Limit one per person"
Just confirm, it doesn't mean "one per plan", right? My girlfriend is on the same family plan with me. If we both switch to fi and have two lines in one plan, can we both get the rebate?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am the manager of our fi group plan and ordered two pixel 3 phones, one for my husband, one for me.  My husband seems to think we will only get the travel card for one phone since I ordered both from my account.  Is that true?  Do I need to call and cancel one order and have him reorder from his account?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Was on phone first for >1.5 until call was dropped off automatically. Now again on call waiting since past 1 hour and no luck. Chat is disabled. 

Whats going on Google? SAD !!!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
No you won't get burned but the $7 per month extra service through Fi has a lower deductable and can be excercided more times making it a better value.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm afraid my phone will arrive while I am out of the country on vacation (Jan. 9-Feb. 8), and I won't be able to activate it within the 15 days required for the travel credit deal.  I could provide proof if you needed.   Actually, I'll have my current Project Fi phone there (Chile and Argentina) and will be using it!  I'm sure you would make an exception for this, right?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Now thinking of poking the giant by refusing the 3rd phone and reordering again to get today's undocumented promotion.

This is soo whack!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Question about Travel on Fi Promotion
I'm new to Fi. To qualify for Travel on Fi, do I need to port in an existing number, or can I get a new number?
You must port an existing number from another carrier.

- Can we Bring over current Google Voice Number?
It showed up as a option during check out.

Please help!

Thanks,
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Been trying to replace my Black Friday purchase promo with the Travel with Fi promo, but couldn't reach Fi customer support. Chat is disabled, phone is over 3 hours hold time, email sent but received no confirmation.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer

$200 Activation Promotion

Does it apply to device purchased from Google store one year ago?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi - I bought a phone previously, with a promotion for which I am receiving monthly credits. If I buy & activate my new phone will my old promotion credits stop? Have not been able to contact Fi support via chat or email all day.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Can I Order One phone for myself and my wife order one and we both get the promotion?

we are on the same group plan
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello. I bought my phone on Black Friday and have been on hold for about 45 minutes. Is there another way to get in touch with you for price protection in case customer support does not answer today.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Goodluck everyone on here. I just received my call after an hour of waiting on hold... THIS HAPPENED TWICE.... they answered, and then hung up.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I've been on hold for over an hour and a half at this point. I bought a new Pixel 3 on a BF deal, but on Thanksgiving day. Based on the FAQ, this wouldn't qualify for price protection? Seems kinda crazy to do a deal like this so soon after the phone was released, and after a bunch of good deals last week.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hey. I bought a Pixel 3 on Cyber Monday sale and have been on hold with customer support for about 1.5 hours. Is there another way to get in touch with you for price protection in case customer support does not answer today?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does the active time also count with a prepaid account?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The FAQ indicates: "Your Fi service must remain active for 120 days total to avoid a charge for the value of your reward." If I'm adding a second line to an existing Fi account, and using the new phone on that account, does the "Fi service [that] must remain active]" refer to the second line on which the phone is being activated, or the the group plan in general?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello, I bought my phone on black Friday and saw the promotion ran today for the travel gift card with my price protection?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Can I buy two phones - for myself and someone else - and get the travel credit on both?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The T&C of the travel deal say "Activation must be for full service." Does signing up for voice without any data count as full service?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Do I have to port over the number today to get the travel credit?  I have been on hold for over an hour trying to figure that out.  I think I requested a new number, but can't remember...Does the number have to be ported today, or can I do it when I get the device??
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Purchased one phone for myself and one for my spouse (on same plan).  Both phones are showing in my account and none under hers.  Futher, I was charged three times on my credit card statement for the two phones shown.  Been on hold for 45 minutes with customer service.  I hope that this can be satisfactorily resolved after the promotion end date as I'm losing faith that I'll ever be connected to a representative.  :)

Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Could you please clarify the question regarding google voice, if my google voice is older than 8/28 it does qualify for the travel credit. Is the statement correct?

Thank you
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Does a number ported in from Google Voice count for the travel deal?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Chat is down & im being disconnected and email link isn’t working - trying to call fro promonas I bought 2 phones last night
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have 3 lines with another provider.  I will need to purchase at least 1 Fi phone.  Will I receive travel promotion for 1 (or 2) phones that I purchase along with $200 credit for the other 2 (or 1) phones that I transfer?  Just can't get through to ask these simple questions!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Is the $200 credit, which states "limit one per person" in the terms and conditions, one per planholder, or one per phone? I would like to get a two-line plan for myself and my wife - would that get us $200 in credit or $400, if we sign up for a two-line plan? Thank you.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Your Travel Gift Card promotion is deceptive and is probably going to lose me as a Google Fi customer forever. I received an email from Google this morning with marketing materials regarding the Travel gift card promotion with purchase of a new Pixel 3 and Google Fi service. Clicking on the link took to me store.google.com where a banner ad still says "Today only, buy a Pixel with Google Fi and travel on us! Terms Apply. Learn More" The learn more link took me to a Buy option around 1500 CST. It now goes nowhere. The email sent by Google is no longer present in my Gmail Inbox or Trash and appears to have been expunged by Google. After purchasing a 128Gb Pixel 3 thru store.google.com indicating that I would be using Fi, I received an email to sign up for Fi. Going to the Fi page, I was presented with options to get a $200 credit for bringing my own device, not purchased thru Google or to buy a P3 thru fi.google.com to get the travel card offer.

I have spent almost 5hrs on hold. I spoke with customer service reps at both Fi and Store regarding this about 19:50 prior to being disconnected and am now on hold again. They are telling me that the phone I ordered from your links on store.google.com is not eligible for the promotion and the 128Gb P3 is now out of stock on fi.google.com so I cannot cancel the previous order and place a new one. Unless you can guarantee in writing that my current order is eligible for the promotion or enable me to obtain a 128Gb device thru fi.google.com, I will never be switching to your service.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
This is covered in OP
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'm attempting to purchase two new Pixel 3 phones but the 128gb is out of stock already in all colors. I don't wish to purchase the 62gb. Will you honor the Travel gift cards when the stock is available?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I bought a phone last week from Google and want to activate on fi how do I take advantage of this promotion
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@PeggyK, could you kindly answer my question: If I pause Fi service for more than 7 days beginning on day 121 after activation, will I still be charged the value of the gift card? 

The Travel on Fi with Any Device Purchase Promotion Terms state: “If Fi service is paused for more than 7 days or cancelled within 120 days of activation, the value of the gift card will be charged to your Google Payments account to match the purchased price of the device.”
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If I port in my existing Google Voice number when I activate the Pixel 3 that I ordered from the Google Store today, will I be eligible for this promotion? It says “port from a carrier” I wonder if that includes porting in an existing Google voice number. Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
FYI I called this morning bc I purchased a Pixel 3 on Black Friday and wanted that deal to be matched/replaced with today's deal and your customer rep made me purchase a new device. Case ID [1-3912000024571].  Please make sure you train your staff to handle these queries properly.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi there, would trade in value be deducted from travel gc amount? Thanks!
marked this as an answer