/fi/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Google Voice and Google Fi Now Work Together 0 Recommended Answers 32 Replies 60 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Hello everyone,

We are excited to share Google Voice now works with Google Fi. 

Moving forward, you can have separate Fi & Voice numbers on the same Google account. You can use the two numbers for different purposes, such as one for family & friends and the other for business. To receive calls in one central place, set up call forwarding on the Google Voice settings page.

If you would like to move your Fi number back to Google Voice and get a new Fi number, you can follow the instructions here.

This feature starts rolling out today and will be available to everyone in the upcoming days.
__ 

More questions? Check out our FAQ page, or let us know here!

Thanks,
Charlotte, Google Fi Community Manager
All Replies (32)
Does that mean we will  be able to forward calls from a google voice number to a google fi number?

We use a google voice number as a family number that forwards to our cell phones, we would like to transition our cell phones to google fi, but need to keep the central google voice number
marked this as an answer
User 7732980883330637611: yes, you should be able to forward calls from your Google Voice number to a Google Fi number.
marked this as an answer
So I have a Google voice number I think. I might have deleted it but not sure. But if I do then I can setup one for my wife also and have them forwarded to our phones? We both use fi. And what would be the advantage or purpose of this? CN I use my voice.nimber on a phone that has WiFi only such as an old pixel 1 or Nexus 6p? Or on a PC? We don't use hangouts we just use messages and duo. Any help with understanding this.more would be apriciated. Thank you
marked this as an answer
Yes, Google Voice works over WiFi

... what would be the advantage or purpose of this?...
See the documentation for a complete description of what Google Voice is and can do.
It may or may not be useful to you.

marked this as an answer
Hi Charlie, just to add to what Red Leatherman wrote, here is what Fi suggests: 
You can use the two numbers for different purposes, such as one for family & friends and the other for business. 

You could, for example, provide the Google Voice phone number when a business asks for a phone number, but you don't want to give your personal one.
marked this as an answer
Can you assign a different ring or anything, so you know if the incoming call is to your fi number or voice number?
marked this as an answer
My Scorptress asked ..."Can you assign a different ring or anything, so you know if the incoming call is to your fi number or voice number?"...

A mobile phone will let you assign a ringtone for an inbound number not the carrier the call is being routed through.

To select a ringtone for all calls to the Google Voice number,  you can select whether or not inbound calls display your Google voice number and assign a ringtone to that Google Voice number.

Use a desktop browser and enter your Google voice settings and go to the calls tab, 
Scroll down to where it says Show my Google Voice number as caller ID when forwarding calls.

Make your preferred selection.

marked this as an answer
Thanks! 
By doing that, I won't be able to see who is actually calling the GV number, I'm guessing?
marked this as an answer
I have Google Fi and Google Voice using different accounts. Can I change the Google account that Google fi is setup on so that now both use the same account. How can I do that? I want to keep both my Google Voice number and Google fi number but change the account so that Google fi is linked to the same account as Google voice, now that we can do that. Thanks.
marked this as an answer
Happy to see I can now get a working Voice number without losing my main number. I had to give up my old Voice number when I signed up and was not happy about it. Working fine now. A call to my Voice number rings my phone. I've had this main number for 20 years and did not want to lose it.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/fi/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic