/fi/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
ISSUE RESOLVED: Charged full price of Fi device after financing 0 Recommended Answers 289 Replies 400 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Last edited 5/7/19
UPDATE: This issue should now be resolved and you should see a refund posted to your account within 1–2 business days. Look out for an email from us soon with additional information. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

---

Hi everyone,

There is currently an issue where users who purchased a device from fi.google.com are now getting charged the full price of their device after selecting the financing option. 

Our team is aware of the issue and is actively working on a fix. I will continue to update this thread as more information is available. 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

-Kelly, Google Fi Community Manager
All Replies (289)
5/5/19
Ok so its not just me.  Was extremely confused
Last edited 5/6/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/5/19
FYI I ordered my phone before the birthday event and this happened to me. Hope that helps with the debugging.
Last edited 5/5/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/5/19
Understood but I need the refund now, that's a lot of money to have taken from my account. When are the refunds going to happen
Last edited 5/6/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/5/19
I appreciate that this is a known issue. I saw the hit on my card and was extremely confused and upset. 
Unlike many others I still believe in Google Fi and will definitely stay with the service, but I can understand why many people are rightfully livid.
Google, I love you but you really dropped the ball here. The very least that you could have done was send an email to those who were affected or a mass email to those potentially affected that it may have happened to them if it hasn't already. 
I understand that the engineers work Monday - Friday and patience is needed, but we are talking about people's lives here. 
People are missing their mortgage payments, car payments, utilities and groceries and not a single email was sent, and everyone had to find out by searching for this thread. 
I know Google will fix this, they have to, and I'm sure that they will have some sort of "I'm Sorry" gift. 
The fact of the matter is that you will lose customers, a lot of customers, and that doesn't do well with your image. You were supposed to be different (like the chosen one), break the mold, have superior customer service, love and respect your customers, and value us all. You let us down, all of us, and it will be a while before we can fully trust you again, but many will eventually, but you must give us a reason to. 
Show us you're better than this, and many will give you another chance. 
I hope we can fix this very soon.
Last edited 5/6/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/5/19
Happened to me as well and this is a huge mistep. That was all of my money in my account. Not only was this a very big mistake professionally, your technical issue screwed me personally.
Last edited 5/5/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/5/19
Errors happen, but it is unacceptable that there is no communication to the customers who were hit by this. I saw the charge on my credit card, but did not find anything in my Fi app nor did I get any e-mail about this issue. I only found this article by tracing the charge through Google Pay and trying to contact support about that transaction.
Last edited 5/7/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/5/19
I do not understand being charged without being sent a statement or invoice itemizing charges and pertinent details.
Last edited 5/5/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/5/19
I get errors happen but I've now been over drafted on my account with fees before I realized it happened. I hope they plan on refunding everything.
Last edited 5/5/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5/5/19
What is the Matter in Network Billing i am receiving the error code OR-CAC-13
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
5 days
It's been almost an entire month and I haven't received the refund yet. This is unacceptable. Supposedly the refund was issued on the 5th... It's now the 23rd. I've been out almost a grand this entire month. $10 credit isn't sufficient at this point. You need to return the funds immediately and make amends for the unauthorized borrowed funds taken from my account Google.
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/fi/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic