/fi/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Fi SIM cards now available at 500+ Best Buy stores 0 Recommended Answers 16 Replies 125 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
Last edited 2/11/19
Hi everyone,

We’re very excited to announce that Fi SIM cards are now available for purchase in 500+ Best Buy stores across the US.
These SIMs will be sold separately from devices and are priced at $9.99. When you purchase a Fi SIM from participating Best Buy stores, you are eligible to receive a $10 service credit upon SIM activation on Fi (with a limit of one qualifying activation per person and a limit of six qualifying activations per group plan). Note: While Best Buy employees will not be able to assist in Fi SIM activations, it’s easy to do on your own by following the steps listed here.

FAQs

1. Are only new Fi members eligible for the $10 service credit?
Any user (current or new to Fi) can buy a Fi SIM and get the $10 service credit if it’s activated on Fi (with a limit of one qualifying activation per person and a limit of 6 qualifying activations per group plan, and with no port-in requirement).

2. I purchased a Fi SIM from Best Buy, how do I receive the $10 in service credits?
Within one week after activation, you will receive an email confirmation of the service credit and will see the $10 credit on your subsequent bill(s).

3. I purchased a Fi SIM from Best Buy, but I’m having difficulty activating it.
Try following the steps listed here. Still having issues? Let us know below or contact Fi support.

4. Which Best Buy stores are carrying the Fi SIMs?
We recommend contacting your nearest Best Buy store for product availability.

5. What types of SIMs will be available for purchase?
Google Fi Talk & Text SIMs will be available. Note: Data-only SIMs will not be available.

---

For more information, you can read through our terms and conditions here.

Questions? Check out our FAQ page, or let us know here!

Best,
Kelly, Google Fi Community Manager
All Replies (16)
2/11/19
Does this mean possibly in the future that fi phones could be purchased in store?
Last edited 2/16/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/11/19
 This is such cool news
Last edited 2/16/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/12/19
If i activate the SIM card, that I bought from Best Buy, in a cell phone design for Google fi (nexus 6p) will i be able to access data from Google fi + talk & text?
Last edited 2/16/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/12/19
@TheOmegaOnion   Yes-  there are only two kinds of sims available from Fi:  full sims and data-only sims .  Only the full sim is available at Best Buy, and it gives you talk and text, and data.

5. What types of SIMs will be available for purchase?
Google Fi Talk & Text SIMs will be available. Note: Data-only SIMs will not be available.
Last edited 2/16/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/12/19
@Kevin_D. Thank you! I did not know there were only two types of sims. Anyway this is a great option for people that have problem getting packages delivered.
Last edited 2/16/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/12/19
Can I activate the chip in an international network?
Last edited 2/16/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/12/19
Ivan Carlos
You can activate a Fi sim while outside the US.

Last edited 2/16/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/12/19
Hi. I am from Brazil. On April i will be at Orlando. What plan can I buy at bestbuy to use data?
Last edited 2/26/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
2/12/19
@Leticio  they are not selling Data-only Fi sims at Best Buy, only the full sims.  And to activate them, all the normal rules apply:  you need to be a US resident with a US mailing address, a US Google account and a US method of payment in Google Pay.
Last edited 2/22/19
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
9/10/19
May I buy a SIM from BestBuy to add another line to an existing googlefi account? Or only for new accounts?
marked this as an answer
Helpful?
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/fi/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic