Set up and manage eSIM
When you turn on your Pixel 3 or Pixel 2 for the first time, follow the steps on your screen to activate Project Fi and download your eSIM. If you've already set up your phone or skipped activation, follow the steps below.
If you don’t have a Pixel 3 or Pixel 2, activate Project Fi service with a SIM card.
Set up eSIM on the Project Fi app
- Make sure you have access to Wi-Fi.
- Open the Project Fi app or download it from Google Play.
- Sign in with the Google Account you used to sign up for Fi.
- When you're asked to activate Project Fi, tap Continue.
- If you’re transferring a number, enter the number and account information for your current carrier.
Switch between your eSIM and physical SIM card
If you set up your Project Fi eSIM and also have a physical SIM card for a different carrier, you can switch between mobile networks.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Mobile Network.
- Choose the name of the carrier you'd like to use.
- Tap Switch.
Troubleshoot eSIM issues
- If you see "Activate service later" when setting up your phone for the first time, finish setup and follow the steps above to activate your eSIM.