Set up and manage eSIM
When you turn on your Pixel phone for the first time, follow the steps on your screen to activate Google Fi and set up your eSIM. If you've already set up your phone or skipped activation, follow the steps below.
If you don't have a Pixel 2 or later, activate Google Fi service with a SIM card.
Set up eSIM on the Google Fi app
- Make sure you have access to Wi-Fi.
- Open the Google Fi app or download it from Google Play.
- Sign in with the Google Account you used to sign up for Fi.
- When you're asked to activate Google Fi, tap Continue.
- If you’re transferring a number, enter the number and account information for your current carrier.
If you set up your Google Fi eSIM and also have a physical SIM card for a different carrier, you can switch between mobile networks.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Network & Internet.
- Tap Mobile Network.
- Tap Advanced.
- Choose the name of the carrier you'd like to use.
- Tap Switch.
Troubleshoot eSIM issues
If you see "Activate service later" when setting up your phone for the first time, finish setup and follow the steps above to activate your eSIM.