Leave a group plan or remove members
Your Google Fi group owner and managers can remove members from your group, and each member can leave your group at any time. When you decide to leave or someone removes you from your group, you'll have different options to choose from, including joining other groups, creating your own Google Fi account (if you're over 18 years old), or porting out your number to Google Voice or another carrier.
Group owners and managers are not able to manage phone numbers on behalf of members. If you have been removed, you will have 60 days to port out your number, or it will automatically be released. Your group owner will be responsible for any pending charges prior to your leaving/removal.
• If the group member has a financed device, the remaining balance is charged to the group bill and is paid by the owner.
• If the group member's device is enrolled in Google Fi device protection, its enrollment is discontinued.
Go to Manage plan > (scroll down to the bottom) select Cancel group.
- The owner cancels their service and data. (No calls, texts, or data.)
- The owner can transfer their number to another Google Fi plan, Google Voice, or another provider.
- If the owner's device is enrolled in Google Fi device protection, its enrollment is discontinued.
- If another group member's device is enrolled in Google Fi device protection, its enrollment is discontinued when the member who uses the enrolled device leaves the group plan.
- The owner continues to pay for financed devices that belong to other group members. When the member who uses the financed device leaves the group plan, the group bill is charged for the remaining balance and is paid by the owner.
The owner also chooses when to end service for the other group members:
Option 1: Keep their service active until they leave
- Group members will continue to have service and data for up to 60 days or until they leave the group plan (whichever comes first). The group bill is charged for service and data and is still paid by the owner.
- When leaving, group members can transfer their phone numbers to another Google Fi plan, Google Voice, or another provider.
- If no action is taken after 60 days, the phone number is automatically released.
Option 2: Cancel their service immediately
- Call, texts, and data are cut off immediately.
- Group members can still transfer their phone numbers to another Google Fi plan, Google Voice, or another provider.