“Account access only” in the Project Fi app
If you see the “Account access only” screen, there’s either an activation issue or you’re trying to use the Project Fi app from another device.
- If you are trying to activate the phone you’re using with Project Fi, there may be an activation issue. See possible issues and solutions below.
- Until you activate service, you’ll only be able to use the Project Fi app to manage your account and settings.
Using the Project Fi app on a tablet or another phone
- You'll see "Account access only" the first time you open the Project Fi app on a device that's not the phone you use for Project Fi service. It means you can use the app to manage your account and settings, but Project Fi service isn't available on this device for calling, texting, and voicemail.
Troubleshoot activation issues
You may have trouble activating your device because of the following issues. You can always contact a Project Fi expert to get your device up and running.Project Fi doesn't support your device
- You need an unlocked Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel, Pixel XL, Android One Moto X4, Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P to use Project Fi.
- If you purchased your Fi phone through Project Fi or the Google Store, your device is unlocked. If you are using your own Fi phone, contact your current carrier to make sure your phone is unlocked. You need to make sure you don't owe any payments on your device. Your carrier may also have other requirements to unlock your device.
- If you have a Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL, you don't need a SIM card.
- Make sure that your SIM card is inserted properly, and that you’re using a Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel, Pixel XL, Android One Moto X4, Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P. If your SIM card isn’t working, contact a Project Fi expert.
- Project Fi service can only be activated for the device owner. Learn how to manage settings for guests and additional users.