Use your own phone with Project Fi
You can bring a Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel, Pixel XL, Android One Moto X4, Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P that you already own to Project Fi.
- If you’re a new user: go to fi.google.com/signup to sign up for Project Fi.
- If you're a current Fi user on a Nexus 6: You need an updated SIM kit for your new phone. To order, contact a project Fi expert below.
What you need to use your own Fi phoneSign up for Project Fi
Even if you already have a Fi phone, you still need to sign up for Project Fi. Learn more about how to get Project Fi.
Only unlocked devices can be used with Project Fi. If you purchased your Fi phone through Project Fi or the Google Store, your device is unlocked.
If you aren’t sure if your phone is unlocked, you can contact your current carrier or the place where you purchased your phone. You need to make sure you don't owe any payments on your device. Your carrier may also have other requirements to unlock your device.
Project Fi works with the following phone models:
- Pixel 2 (All versions)
- Pixel 2 XL (All versions)
- Pixel Model G-2PW4100 (North American version)
- Pixel XL Model G-2PW2100 (North American version)
- Android One Moto X4 (All versions)
- Nexus 5X Model LGH790 (North American version)
- Nexus 6P Model H1511 (North American version)
- Nexus 6 Model XT1103 (North American version)
Project Fi does not work with the following phone models:
- Pixel Model G-2PW4200 (Rest of world version)
- Pixel XL Model G-2PW2200 (Rest of world version)
- Nexus 5X Model LGH791 and LGH791F (Rest of world versions)
- Nexus 6P Model H1512 (Rest of world version)
- Nexus 6 Model XT1100 (Rest of world version)
These models won't work with Project Fi because they don’t support CDMA, a radio technology required for Fi.
Check your model number
To check your model number:
- Open the Settings app on your phone .
- Scroll to the bottom. Under “System,” touch About phone.
- Touch Regulatory Information.
- You’ll see your model number. If it matches the supported model numbers above, you’re all set.
If you have a different model number, you won’t be able to use this phone with Project Fi.