Check your voicemail
You can both listen to and read transcriptions of your voicemail messages.
First time using voicemail? Turn on voicemail access and set your PIN so you can create a voicemail greeting and check your voicemail from any forwarding phone.Check your voicemail (including transcriptions)
When you get a new voicemail, you'll see the voicemail icon in the status bar at the top of your phone's screen.
To listen to or read your new voicemail:
From the top of your screen
- Swipe down from the top of your phone’s screen to view your notifications.
- Tap Voicemail .
- If you have one voicemail: Your message will start playing. You will also see the voicemail transcription. There may be a short delay for the voicemail transcript to appear.
- If you have two or more voicemails: You’ll be taken to the Voicemail screen. Tap the message you’d like to access. You’ll see the voicemail transcription or you can tap Listen to play the message. There may be a short delay for the voicemail transcript to appear.
From the Phone app
- Open the Phone app .
- Tap Recents.
- You’ll see the voicemail icon next to the contact .
- Tap the contact. You’ll see the voicemail transcription or you can tap Listen to play the message.
Tip: You can also press and hold "1" on your Phone app to call voicemail. To do this, you need to turn on voicemail access and set a PIN.
Control voicemail playback
- To play or pause, tap the play icon or the pause icon .
- To make the playback go faster, tap the plus icon .
- To make the playback go slower, tap the minus icon .
You can check your voicemail messages on your call forwarding phones. Here’s how:
- Turn on voicemail access and set a PIN. You can do this from the Google Fi website or app.
- From one of your forwarding phones, dial your number.
- While your voicemail greeting is playing, press “*”.
- Enter your PIN and press "#".
- Follow the recorded instructions.
To see your voicemail history, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app .
- On the top of the screen, touch the voicemail tab .
You’ll see a list of your past voicemail messages.
When you get a voicemail, the message will be turned into text that you can read on your phone.
The quality of the transcription varies depending on the caller and background noise. Sometimes we can’t transcribe voicemails if there is too much background noise or if the voicemail isn’t in English. If this happens, you’ll see “Transcript not available.”
Improve voicemail transcriptions
You can help Google improve its transcription technology by allowing Google to analyze your voicemail. Google removes your account information from your voicemails before analyzing the messages, and people will not listen to your messages.
You can turn this feature on or off at any time. Here’s how:
- Open the Google Fi app or website.
- In the Account tab, go to Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Check or uncheck the box next to “Improve voicemail transcription.”