Connect to Wi-Fi
To make the most of Google Fi, we recommend connecting to Wi-Fi whenever it’s available and always keeping your Wi-Fi turned on. By connecting to Wi-Fi, you will:
- Expand your coverage in places where the cellular network isn’t as strong.
- Limit or manage the amount of mobile data that you use.
- Likely have fast access for streaming, downloads, games, and apps.
Learn how to turn on Wi-Fi and connect to a network. If you didn't buy your phone from Google Fi or the Google Store, see your phone manufacturer for details.
Wi-Fi features you should turn on
In addition to connecting to Wi-Fi networks, Google Fi also includes two other Wi-Fi features so you can always stay connected:
- If you have a Designed for Fi phone, you can automatically connect to open networks that we’ve verified as fast and reliable.
- Have your saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords sync across any Android device where you're signed in to your Google Account.
Trouble connecting to Wi-Fi
Try these troubleshooting steps if your phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi. You can also use the buttons below to contact a Google Fi expert.