Connect to Wi-Fi
To make the most of Project Fi, we recommend connecting to Wi-Fi whenever it’s available and always keeping your Wi-Fi turned on. By connecting to Wi-Fi, you will:
- Expand your coverage in places where the cellular network isn’t as strong
- Limit or manage the amount of mobile data that you use
- Likely have fast access for streaming, downloads, games, and apps
Learn how to turn on Wi-Fi and connect to a network.
Wi-Fi features you should turn on
In addition to connecting to Wi-Fi networks, Project Fi also includes two other Wi-Fi features so you can always stay connected:
- Set your Project Fi phone to automatically connect to open networks that we’ve verified as fast and reliable.
- Have your saved Wi-Fi networks and passwords sync across any Android device where you're signed in to your Google Account.
Trouble connecting to Wi-Fi
Try these troubleshooting steps if your phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi. You can also use the buttons below to contact a Project Fi expert.