We'll answer some common questions about how your personal information, usage information, and Customer Propriety Network information is shared. You can learn more about the information we collect and how to turn your privacy setting on or off below.What information does Google Fi collect? How is this information used?
- Account info such as billing address or location, to verify your identity and protect you from fraud.
- Usage info such as data usage or Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity status, to bill you correctly for your service.
- Performance info such as dropped calls, to seamlessly switch you to the best available network.
- Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) such as call details, call location, and the rates and features you use (see below for more on CPNI).
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
As a Google Fi customer, you generate phone usage info including call details, call location, and the rates and features you use. This is known as Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI). CPNI does not include your name, address, or phone number.
How we use CPNI
We need to use your CPNI for a few things directly related to your Google Fi service. We use your CPNI to:
- Bill you for your Google Fi service
- Provide customer support and troubleshooting when you need it
- Provide features such as call waiting, caller ID, and call forwarding
- Provide Internet access and voicemail
- Provide protection from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use
To see more details on how we use CPNI, read the Google Fi Privacy Notice.
Additional CPNI usage that you can turn on
You can also allow Google Fi to use and share your CPNI with Google to offer you additional products and services; these will likely be communication-related products and services that you’re not already using through Google Fi.
This additional CPNI usage setting is turned off by default, and you can turn it on or off at any time.
In the future, if Google Fi integrates with another Google product that isn’t communications-related, we will ask for additional permission before using your CPNI to offer you additional products and services.
Turn additional usage of your CPNI on or off
- Open the Google Fi app or website.
- In the Account tab, go to "Account settings."
- Select Privacy.
- Turn Additional CPNI usage on or off.