When you're in a covered area, you'll be connected to the W+ network. W+ uses select secure, high quality Wi-Fi networks to improve your mobile data connection.
W+ is available in areas where coverage can often be low, like certain airports, malls, or stadiums. Coverage will expand over time.
In your network settings and top of your screen, the connection appears as W+ .
To connect automatically to W+ networks, you need a Pixel device that runs the latest version of Android 12 or up.
How W+ works
- When you’re in range, your device automatically connects to W+.
- W+ works as normal data usage.
- W+ use counts against your data cap for the month.
- If you're on the Flexible plan, you’re charged for standard data use on W+.
Disconnect from W+
There are two different ways to turn off your W+ connection:
Temporarily turn off W+
To temporarily prevent W+ connections, turn off Wi-Fi, or connect to a different Wi-Fi network.
Permanently opt out of W+
To turn off automatic connection to W+:
- Open your device’s Settings menu Settings.
- Tap Network & Internet SIM Google Fi W+ Connections.