FeedBurner Stats is our analytics offering for feeds of all kinds. The service is free with every FeedBurner feed and provides publishers with a comprehensive view of their audience.
Who needs this service and why?
Publishers who distribute media on the web and want to understand how their content is being consumed. This includes bloggers, podcasters, videocasters/videobloggers and traditional publishers.
What will it help publishers do that they can’t do today?
FeedBurner Stats provides publishers with a single interface for analyzing the content consumption habits of their audience. This insight can help you determine which content is performing best, where your audience is located, and better understand detailed information about traffic sources such as search engines.
What are the specific features of FeedBurner Stats?
The FeedBurner Stats service for feeds provides the following feed-related information:
- Subscription data (e.g. number of subscribers by day, previous week, last 30 days and all time) and Reach data (the estimated number of individuals clicking or viewing your feed content in a given day)
- Breakdown of feed readers and aggregators, email services, web browsers and bots by which subscribers are accessing your content
- Clickthrough tracking
- Uncommon uses — sites where your content has been resyndicated including other blogs, directories and even spam sites
- Item views
- Item link clicks
- Item enclosure downloads (podcasts)
- Live hits, conveniently translated to your local time zone
How much does the FeedBurner Stats service cost?
The service is free with every FeedBurner feed, but we’ve never turned down payment in the form of general goodwill and virtual high fives.
How do you activate FeedBurner Stats for your feed?
If you’ve burned a feed, FeedBurner Stats is automatically activated for that feed. To track item views, link clicks, and enclosure downloads, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your FeedBurner account and click your feed title
- Select Configure Stats from the Analyze tab at the bottom of the menu on the left
- Check the boxes to track “item views”, “link clicks”, etc. and then click the Save button.
I still have questions.
No problem. Visit us in the FeedBurner Support Forums, where FeedBurner staffers and expert users are available to offer advice and suggestions.