Google Help Communities Overview
The Google Help Communities are a place for Google users to ask questions or provide feedback about Google products and services, discuss products and services with other Google users and enthusiasts, provide tips for using Google products and services to the community, get help from other users and Google enthusiasts on all of the above.
- Answers: Replies that users find accurate or helpful.
- Recommended answers: These are answers that are promoted by the original poster, an Expert, or a Google Representative. Answers can also be promoted to Recommended Answers based on the ratio of Helpfulness votes.
- Colored badges: The people answering the questions in the forums will have badges next to their user ID. Badges show a member's identity or level of participation, such as:
- Rising Stars: People who are developing their product knowledge
- Top Contributors: Knowledgeable and active Help Community participants. Learn more about Google’s Top Contributor Program.
- Google Employees: Guides and community managers who work at Google
- Google Community Specialists: Google partners who share their expertise
How to use the Google Help Communities
To join a Google Help Community:
- You must be signed into a Google Account to post to the Google Help Communities.
- When you create a new topic or reply to one, a username is randomly selected for you. You can change the user name any time by clicking Edit . Then edit the text, and click Done .
Start a new topic
You can write new posts and respond to messages.
- On the homepage of the forum, click create .
- Write the question title Continue.
- Select or confirm your platform and device details Continue.
- Enter your message.
- Click Post.
Get responses to your posts
By default, you'll receive emails for responses the topics you create or reply to.
To change your email settings:
- On the right side of the forum page, select Subscribed.
- Open the thread to unsubscribe from.
- Click Unsubscribe.
Reply to a topic
You can reply to any post within a topic.
- Scroll to the bottom of the topic and click Reply.
- Write your reply.
- Click Post.
Search the forum
You can search by keyword or filtering categories.
- Keyword: On the side of the forum's homepage, enter your keywords in the search box, and click Enter. A list of topics related to your search appears.
- Filter by topics:
- Created or replied to: Threads you created or replied to
- Subscribed: Threads you are subscribed to
- Contains Answer: Only show threads that contain an answer
- Contains Recommended Answer: Only show threads that contain a Recommended Answer.
How to participate in the forum
- Create topics and posts related to the specific Google product that is the focus of that forum. To discuss another Google product, you can visit that product’s forum.
- Choose the most relevant category for your topics. Using the correct category helps other forum visitors to find and contribute to your topic.
- Create posts that are related to the question or discussion to which you’re responding. Use "Search" to find questions or discussions that are related to your interests. If you are unable to find a related topic, start a new one by clicking New Topic.
- Create clear and concise topic subjects and posts. Subjects should not be in all capital letters. Include only important URLs. Posts with excessive / unrelated URLs will be removed.
- Do not include personal information. To ensure your safety, security, and privacy, never post your email address or any personal information you don’t want to share. Google representatives won't ask for your password. Be cautious if you choose to contact others offline or ask others to contact you.
- Be respectful of others’ opinions. When disagreeing on an issue, stay polite and assume good intent.
Cautions and Forum Participation Agreement
- By participating in these forums, you agree to abide by the Support Forums Content Policy. Breaking these guidelines might result in your post being removed. Severe abuses might lead to harsher penalties including warning or removal of access to Google Support Community Forums.
- If you believe that someone is violating these posting guidelines, flag their post or thread for review: Click More Flag for abuse.
- Community content is not proactively monitored by Google, and may not be up to date or accurate. If a post is off-topic, out-of-date, or no longer relevant, forum threads may be removed from Google search, but may still turn up in Support search results.
Please read the Google Terms of Service for more information. We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any point in our effort to keep the forum helpful, user-friendly, and safe.