Using your shopping list
Want to keep track of decorations and snacks you need for a party? You may also want to save gift options as you browse, or have a list of your essentials in one place.
With the shopping list, you can stay organized until you’re ready to check out. You can access it with your Google Express or Home app, or with the Assistant on Android.
Some things you can do with the shopping list:
- Add, remove or check things off in the Home, Express or Assistant app
- Talk to your Google Assistant to add things to your shopping list or hear what you’ve added
- Create multiple shopping lists and share them with friends or family
- Shop your list directly with Google Express, if you choose
- You don’t need a Google Express app or account to use the shopping list. If you’d like, you can access and share your lists only through Google Home or Assistant.
Here’s how to manage your shopping list:
- Access your list by tapping on the shopping list icon in your Express or Google Home app, or through the Assistant in your Android phone. You'll also find the list icon at express.google.com.
- In the search bar at the top of the list, jot down your frequently ordered staples, a favorite cookie brand, or a general reminder like “dish soap” or “cereal”
- After adding things you can:
- check them off by tapping the check box next to the item (desktop & mobile) or swiping to the right (mobile)
- remove them by clicking on the trash can (desktop) or swiping to the left (mobile)
- change the order of items on your list by holding down your finger on an item and moving it up or down on the list (mobile)
- shop for all the items you’ve saved by clicking on the blue button at the bottom of the list
If you take a break from shopping, your list automatically gets saved for you next time.
While browsing or searching for items on Express, you can move things to your shopping list by clicking on the Add to list icon:
You can also share your shopping lists with friends or family: learn more.
Save things to your shopping list with Google Home
Want to add items to a shopping list with Google Home? Just say “Add shampoo to my shopping list” or “Add toothpaste to my list.”
You’ll find this shopping list both through express.google.com, with your Google Assistant on Android or in your Home or Express app: tap the menu icon, then shopping list. Things you add with Google Home will save to your primary list.
To get to your shopping list on your Android phone:
- Make sure your phone has the requirements to use the Assistant
- Touch and hold the round Home button on your phone, or say “Ok Google” to bring up the Assistant. Here you can:
- Ask the Assistant: “What’s on my shopping list?”
- Tap More , then Settings, then Shopping list
- Tap Menu , then a list of your choosing, or New list
- Your shopping list will open in a Chrome window