Promos & codes
Google Express sometimes offers promotions you can apply to your orders, so keep an eye out for deals!
Remember to use your code before its expiration date: note that courtesy codes issued by Customer Support expire one year after issue date.
How it works:
- Enter your code at checkout
- Remember to click Apply before placing your order!
- If you're using the code on an order containing items from multiple stores, you may see a temporary hold placed on your account for the full amount of the order (before any discounts)
- The order is paid for
- The final amount, minus the code, is charged to your account. With multi-store orders it may take 7-10 business days for codes to reflect in your account.
- You get a delivery confirmation email with the final price
Keep in mind:
- One promo per order
- Promotions or other codes can't be combined
- Promotions or other codes can't be applied towards shipping or service fees
- You can’t use codes on some items. See below and check out a more detailed list
- If you start a return, you won't be reissued any codes you used to buy the item
Codes can’t be used for:
- Google Chromecast from Google Store (except for current Google Home Mini promotion)
- Google Chromecast Audio from Google Store (except for current Google Home Mini promotion)
- Google Chromecast Ultra from Google Store (except for current Google Home Mini promotion)
- Google Home from Google Store (except for current Google Home Mini promotion)
- Gift cards*
- Costco membership costs
- Multiple orders
- Orders placed with a prepaid or virtual card, if the card issuer won’t authorize the hold
- Certain products and brands, depending on the store. For a more detailed information, see the list of exclusions.
*To successfully use a code, make sure to remove any gift cards from your cart. Keep in mind, if these aren't removed from your order, the code won't be applied and can't be used for future purchases.
Sales tax and promo codes:
- In most cases tax is determined by the location of the store. With stores arranging for delivery directly from their warehouses (find out more), tax is calculated based on your delivery address.
- In most states, you’ll see a tax applied to your items for their full listed price, before a promo code is applied. Exceptions apply in certain states, such as Texas, where a promo code also reduces the item’s taxable value: you’ll pay tax for the price of the item minus the promotional value.
- For example, if you use a $20 promo code for a $50 item coming from a Texas store (most retailers) you will only be taxed for the $30 you paid for. In most other states you’ll pay tax for the full $50 item.
- The tax displayed at Google Express during checkout is an estimate, and the actual tax you're charged may be adjusted during shipment.
Prefer to not get promotions by mail or email?
- To unsubscribe from promotional emails, click "unsubscribe here" at the bottom of the email you received
- To opt out of physical mail, go to g.co/express/mailoptout