Return policies are set by stores and may vary for each item, but our standard return policy ensures that most items (in new or as-delivered condition) can be returned within 30 days of delivery.
The return period for each item is shown on the product's details page, and is specific to the item and the store. When you click on an item while you’re shopping, the page that appears will show product details. Find the store icon above the Add to cart button for information on how long you have to return the item.
Some exceptions to the policies are listed below:
- Electronics, automotive, appliances, and related accessories may need to be returned within 14 days.
- Food, pantry-safe groceries, and living things (including flowers and plants) may or may not be returnable, but can be refunded. Return eligibility is shown on the item's details page.
- Gift cards or other cards with a prepaid value, loyalty programs, memberships, or experiences including event tickets or museum admissions are also not returnable.
- Items such as music, videos, software, and collectibles must be sealed and unopened when returned.
- Some stores manage the entire return and refund process directly, rather than through Google Shopping.
After your return is processed, you’ll see your refund in about a week. The refund amount should be for the full value of the items returned (excluding any shipping & service fees).
Some stores on our site may charge a return shipping fee of $5.50 for each return shipping label required, depending on the reason for return. On the page with the item's description, you'll see more information about the item's return policy – including any details about return shipping fees. Note: When your return is processed, you will not be reissued any promotions or coupons applied to the original purchase. Contact us if you have questions about your refund amount.
Your orders are also protected by the limited Purchase Protection program.
For most stores on Google Express
You can submit a request for a return for most stores through Google Express. For a list of stores you’d need to contact directly, skip to “Stores handling their own returns.”
Not happy with the condition of your items when they arrive? Read up on what to do before starting a return.
Ready to submit a request for a return? See our guide on how to return.
Some stores manage the entire return and refund process directly, rather than through Google Shopping. For more detailed information on return policies, click on the store link below.
Refunds and item condition
When requesting a return, the amount of you’re refunded by the store will differ based on the item you bought and the condition of the returned item.
When the package with your return arrives at the store’s return center, it may take up to 7 additional business days for processing. You can check the status of your refund on your orders page.
Keep in mind the following when requesting a return:
- Items must be returned within the return period. This is shown on the item’s details page and you can also check return eligibility details on your orders page.
- For certain products, refunds can be issued without a return. Make sure to add only the items listed on your packing slip when returning your order.
- If you aren’t satisfied with your purchase, return the product(s) in the exact condition they were received:
- TVs, computers, tablets, and mobile phones must be returned in unopened condition unless the product arrived damaged or defective
- Items should be unused, unaltered, with no damage or signs of use outside of the listed item condition or how it was received
- All parts must be intact
- Return all original product packaging, including boxes, UPCs, bags or any items used to wrap and protect the item
- Return all items included in the original package – cords, cables, remote controls, free gifts or bonus items, certificates of authenticity (manuals, warranty and rebate cards, etc.), grading or appraisal and original tags, for example
- Items must have original tags, labels, and/or any accompanying materials in the state that they were originally included
- Items designed for one-time consumption can only be returned unused, unmarked, in their original condition, with the factory seal and packaging intact (not removed from the plastic wrap). Examples of one-time consumption items include, but are not limited to:
- CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, Blu-ray discs, audiotapes, videotapes and video games or vinyl records
- Items that need to be activated post-purchase (including, but not limited to prepaid cellular phone cards and electronically fulfilled PINs or minutes, software, and video games)
- Items that cannot be reused due to hygienic considerations must be returned unused, in their original condition, with the factory seal, hygiene stickers, and packaging intact. Examples of these items include, but are not limited to:
- Swimsuits and undergarments