Google Enterprise Support Portal - Frequently Asked Questions
- What will I find in the Google Enterprise Support Portal?
- What will I not find in the Google Enterprise Support Portal?
- I am a system administrator and I qualify for enterprise-level support but do not have a portal account. How do I get one?
- Why do I need a different ID/password?
- How do I know if I have a portal ID/password?
- I am a search appliance distributor and I manage my appliances on http://support.google.com/. Should I use the portal to order/manage my sales?
- I am a Postini reseller. Do I use the portal to order/manage my sales?
- I am a Google Maps API for Business customer. Will the portal give me access to my Maps usage reports?
- I don't have access to the portal, but I need support now. What should I do?
- What technology is the Google Enterprise Support Portal based on?
- I understand the Google Enterprise Support Portal is being replaced. What does that mean?
System administrators can submit a support request (Case), track the progress of the Case, and add attachments and comments to your Case. You will find contact information (call center phone numbers, hours of operation, service levels, etc) for the Google Enterprise products your company has purchased. We also post private information for our Enterprise customers, such as Google Search Appliance downloads, Google Earth proprietary documentation, and the like.
You will not find most documentation, user forums, or self-paced training materials in the portal. These items are publicly available. Links to these items can be found on the Enterprise Help Center home page.
3. I am a system administrator and I qualify for enterprise-level support but do not have a portal account. How do I get one?
If you don't have portal account you should first consult the primary system administrator at your company. They should log into the portal and request a portal account for you by creating a case. A Google support representative will then create your portal account. This process can take a few days. If you do not know who your system administrator is, or you need help in getting a portal account, please submit a request for portal access.
The portal is currently not integrated with the various Google Enterprise administration consoles. We are actively working on this feature.
You would have received an email from Google Enterprise Support with your temporary password.
6. I am a search appliance distributor and I managed my appliances on http://support.google.com/. Should I use the portal to order/manage my sales?
No. You should submit cases in the portal, but continue to use support.google.com for managing your sales inventory and sell-through registration.
No. The portal does not replace the Postini Partner Portal. You should submit support cases in the Google Enterprise Support Portal, and continue to use the Postini Partner Portal for your sales activities.
8. I am a Google Maps API for Business customer. Will the portal give me access to my Maps usage reports?
Yes. If you have received credentials for the Enterprise Portal already, please log in to view Google Maps API usage reports.
You can reference links to online documentation, troubleshooters, self-paced training, and U2U forums for all Google Enterprise products at http://support.google.com/enterprisehelp.
Google Enterprise uses the Salesforce.com platform for Case management and customer portal services. You may notice URLs that contain salesforce.com domains while using the portal. You may also notice outbound emails with @google.com From addresses that originate from Salesforce.com email servers.
The Google Enterprise Support Center is replacing the Enterprise Support Portal. The Google Enterprise Support Center offers an integrated interface where resellers and their customers have access to the same information. And the Support Center uses the same login credentials as the Google Apps Administrator Control Panel, giving Google Apps users a single sign-on experience.
See the Google Enterprise Support Center - Frequently Asked Questions for additional details and the latest information.