Folder delete performance is slow on MS Windows 2016 explorer using client for NFS
Modify Windows explorer advanced settings
- Open File Explorer
- Highlight with your mouse "This PC" in the Left Sidebar
- Click the "View" tab in the Top Menu Bar
- Look to the Far Right in the Top Menu Bar and Click "Options"
- Click "Change Folder And Search Options"
- In the popup box next Click the "View" tab
- In the "Advanced Settings" box Scroll Down and CHECK the box that says "Launch Folder Windows In A Separate Process"
- Click the "Apply" button at the bottom
Changing "Launch Folder Windows In A Separate Process" allows Windows explorer delete operations to be performed in parallel.