- Raw Capacity: The total raw aggregated capacity of the system devices (nodes) in the cluster.
Raw Capacity = (Number of Nodes - 1) * Capacity of Each Node
- Effective Capacity: Capacity available for user to write into the cluster.
The utilized capacity of the system devices in the cluster
- Raw Utilization: Data stored in the disk. Actual data size before taking into consideration data reduction and replication level. This includes snapshots.
Used Raw = Used Effective * 2 [For Replication] / Data Reduction Ratio
- Effective Utilization: Data written into the cluster. Predicted data size based on current data reduction factor.
- Replication is enabled by default.
- Compression is disabled by default but recommended to enable it to improve utilization.
- The Used RAW capacity might be higher in case of snapshots.