If you have a Google Workspace for Education account, step through this guide to set it up for your school.
Before continuing here
Your school must have an Google Workspace for Education account. You can sign up for a new Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals account. Nonprofit K-12 schools and higher education institutions are eligible. Sign up your school domain for Education Fundamentals now. Your application for Education Fundamentals won't be reviewed until domain ownership has been verified.
Overview of steps
- Plan your setup and policies for who uses which services and settings across students, teachers, or departments. See Planning your setup in 3 easy steps.
- Create an organizational structure to enforce your policies.
- Add user accounts for people to access their Google services and move user accounts to the organizational units you created.
- Set up mail for your school through Gmail, your school's current mail system, or both.
- Set up authentication to protect your school's data and accounts.
- Migrate users' mail and contacts to their new Google Workspace accounts.
- Turn on or off the services you want people to use like Classroom, Groups, or YouTube.
- Review next steps.
For detailed setup information, see the Google Workspace for Education Deployment Guide.
Need help setting up?
- Contact a Google Advisor at (844) 390-7629. Available Monday—Friday from 8.30 AM—5:30 PM PST.
- Outside of business hours, you can schedule an appointment with a Google advisor for assistance.