Your devices need to meet these specifications for VR and AR tours:
- A gyroscope and accelerometer—essential for orientation and to see images shifting in a VR viewer
Android 4.4 KitKat or later or Apple® iOS® 9.0 or later
- At least 1 GB of RAM
We also recommend:
- A graphics processing unit (GPU) that can support 3D viewing
- A high-resolution screen, 720 or 1080 pixels
- 2 GB to 4 GB of RAM for more Expeditions activity
- 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi support
On Chromebooks, you can view tours and join guided tours as an Explorer. However, to guide using a Chromebook, your device needs Chrome OS 76, coming in August 2019, and Android 9. To track the latest updates, follow the Chrome releases Keyword blog.
The following Chromebooks support ARCore and will fully support AR tours. Other devices will show the AR objects on the screen but not show them in the context of your space.
- Acer® Chromebook Tab 10
- ASUS® Chromebook Tablet CT100