Find and download expeditions
To go on an expedition, you need to find and download expeditions to your Android or Apple® iOS® device.
Step 1: Find an expedition
- On your mobile device, tap Expeditions .
- Choose an option:
- Scroll vertically to browse expeditions and view featured tours.
- Tap Search and enter the name of the expedition or a subject. Or, select a category.
- In a web browser, view the list of available expeditions. Then, return to the Expeditions app and search for that title.
For AR expeditions, you’ll see Augmented reality .
For VR expeditions, you’ll see Cardboard .
Step 2: Download an expedition
- Connect your device to the web.
- On the expedition, tap Download .
The Checkmark indicates that the expedition downloaded.
- Tap Saved to see all your downloaded tours.
Remove and update expeditions
Remove an expedition
- On the expedition, tap More Remove download Remove.
- On the expedition, tap Checkmark Remove.
- Tap Menu Settings Remove downloaded expeditions Remove.
Note: This removes all downloaded expeditions.
Most mobile devices automatically download updates to content. If you don’t connect your guide device to the web at least every 60 days, downloaded expeditions are removed from your device.
To prevent this, you should:
- Connect your guide device to the web every 60 days and pull down the expeditions list to refresh content.
- Verify that your device has the correct date and time so content isn't prematurely removed.