Find and download expeditions
To lead Explorers on a trip, you first need to find and download expeditions to your Guide device. To do this, search in your Expeditions app.
Find an expedition
You have a few ways to find expeditions:
- Scroll—On the Expeditions homepage, scroll vertically to browse featured expeditions.
- Search—On the Expeditions homepage, tap Search and enter a subject or select one of the categories, such as Landscapes or Science.
- Spreadsheet—In a web browser, view the complete list of available expeditions, then return to the Expeditions app and search for that title.
Download an expedition
You need to connect your guide device to the Internet to download expeditions.
- On your mobile device, tap Expeditions .
- Click Menu . Next to Downloaded only, confirm the setting is Off .
- Confirm that your role is set to Guide.
(If your role is set to Explorer, tap Explorer Lead.)
- Scroll through the list of expeditions or tap Search and enter a subject.
- Tap the expedition to download it.
After you download an expedition, in the bottom-right corner, you see a Checkmark to indicate that the expedition downloaded and can be used offline.
Remove an expedition
You have 3 ways to remove an expedition from the Expeditions homepage:
- Tap More Remove download Remove.
- Tap Checkmark Remove.
- (iOS only) Tap Menu Settings Remove downloaded expeditions.
Maintain expedition content
To keep Expeditions content accurate and current, we send out regular app updates. For example, we announce new content each week in the Google+ Expeditions Community and share updates via Tuesday Tips on Twitter via @GoogleForEdu. Most phones and tablets are set to automatically download the updates.
To prevent your expeditions from disappearing, we recommend that you:
- Connect your guide device to the Internet every 60 days and pull down the expeditions list to refresh content.
- Verify that your device has the correct date and time so content isn't prematurely removed.