Write notes on your work
On the Classroom mobile app, you can draw and write on your assignments with the note tool. You can underline words, highlight text, draw shapes, and leave notes. For example, you might highlight a sentence, color a map, sketch a plant cell, or show your work on a math problem.
You can draw and write notes on these types of files:
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Microsoft® Office® documents
- JPEG or GIF
- Adobe® PDF®
Note: Currently, writing and drawing on work is available only on Android and iOS mobile devices. This feature isn’t available on computers.
Write and save notes
- Tap Classroom the class.
- Open the assignment for the file you want to write on.
- To open a file, choose an option:
- To open a file that is already attached to the assignment, tap it.
- To open a new file, tap Add attachment, upload the file, then tap it.
- To open the note tool, in the top-right corner, tap Edit .
- Make any notes or drawings.
(Read more about colors and pen sizes below.)
- To save your notes, choose one:
- On an Android device, click More Save.
- On an iOS device, tap Save.
- (Optional) To discard your changes, choose one:
- On an Android device, tap Back Discard.
- On an iOS device, tap Back Discard.
How notes are saved
|If the original file was||It's saved as|
|Google Docs file||Separate PDF|
|Microsoft Office document||Separate PDF|
|JPEG or PNG image file||Edited file that replaces original|
|Edited file that replaces original|
Choose a tool
You can find all tools at the bottom of the app screen.
|Tool||Use it to|
|Select||Select a note to resize or move it.|
|Erase||Erase a note.|
|Write||Write or draw lines with a pen.|
|Mark||Write or draw lines with a marker.|
|Highlight||Highlight text or images.|
|Add text||Add a text note.|
Change a tool's color or size
The write, mark, and highlight tools are available in different sizes and colors.
To see color and size options, double-tap Write , Mark , or Highlight .
- To see more colors, tap the Up arrow .
Tap a color or point size to use it.
Add a text note
Tap Add text .
- Drag your finger to create a text field.
- Enter your message.
- (Optional) Customize your text:
- To make the text larger, select it and pinch 2 fingers apart.
- To make the text smaller, select it and pinch 2 fingers together.
- To resize the text box, tap a corner and drag it.
Erase a mark
Tap Erase .
- To erase a mark, tap it.
- (Optional) To delete all marks on the page, double-tap Erase Clear page.
Resize or move a note or image
You can resize or move a new note or image. Before you can select a saved note or image to resize or move it, change it first.
- Add a text note or image.
- Tap Select and tap the note or image.
- Pinch 2 fingers apart or together on the note or image to resize it.
- Drag the note or image to move it.
Zoom in or out on a note
- To zoom in, pinch 2 fingers apart on the note.
- To zoom out, pinch 2 fingers together on the note.
- To pan over the drawing, drag 2 fingers across the page.
Undo or redo actions
- Tap Undo to immediately cancel an action. You can use it repeatedly to undo consecutive actions.
- To redo an action, tap Redo . You can use it to redo consecutive actions.