Write notes on your work
On the Classroom mobile app, you can use tools to draw and write on your assignments. You can underline words, highlight text, draw shapes, and leave notes. For example, you can highlight a sentence, color a map, sketch a plant cell, or show your work on a math problem.
You can draw and write on Google Docs files and Adobe® PDF® and Microsoft® Office® documents.
How to write notes
- Tap Classroom .
- Tap the class and tap the assignment.
- On Android, tap Your work.
- Choose an option:
- If your teacher attached a file, tap it.
- Attach a file from Google Drive, such as, a Google Docs file or a PDF.
- Create a new document, sheet, or slide file. Your file opens in Drive. In Classroom, tap the file.
- Create a new PDF.
- For a new PDF, the drawing and writing tools are at the bottom of your screen.
For Drive files, at the top, tap Edit to open the drawing and writing tools at the bottom of your screen.
- Make any notes or drawings. To view colors and pen sizes, see Use the drawing and writing tools.
- Tap Save or Save.
If you don’t want to save your changes, tap Back Discard.
- (Optional) To open your work in Drive, tap New tab . To return to editing, tap Close or Back .
How notes are saved
|If the original file was||It's saved as|
|Google Docs file||Separate PDF|
|Office document||Separate PDF|
|JPG or PNG image file||Edited file that replaces original|
|Edited file that replaces original|
Choose a tool
You can find all tools at the bottom of the app screen.
|Tool||Use it to|
|Select||Select a note to resize or move it.|
|Erase||Erase a note.|
|Write||Write or draw lines with a pen. You can change the width of lines with pressure.|
|Mark||Write or draw lines of even width with a marker.|
|Highlight||Highlight text or images.|
|Add text||Add a text note.|
Change a tool's color or size
The write, mark, and highlight tools are available in different sizes and colors.
- Double-tap Write , Mark , or Highlight to see the color and size options.
- Tap the Up arrow to show additional colors.
Add a text note
- Tap Add text .
- Drag your finger to create a text field.
- Enter your message.
- To make the text larger, pinch 2 fingers apart.
- To make the text smaller, pinch 2 fingers together.
- To resize the text box, tap a corner and drag it.
Erase a mark
Tap Erase .
- To erase a mark, tap it.
- (Optional) To delete all marks on the page, double-tap Erase Clear page.
Resize or move a note or image
You can immediately resize or move a new note or image. To resize or move a saved note or image, you need to edit it first (make a change to it) before you can select it.
- Add a text note or image.
- Tap Select and tap the note or image.
- Pinch 2 fingers apart or together on the note or image to resize it.
- Drag the note or image to move it.
Zoom in or out on a note
- To zoom in, pinch 2 fingers apart on the note.
- To zoom out, pinch 2 fingers together on the note.
- To pan over the drawing, drag 2 fingers across the page.
Undo or redo actions
- Tap Undo to immediately cancel an action. You can use it repeatedly to undo consecutive actions.
- To redo an action, tap Redo . You can use it to redo consecutive actions.