This article is for students. Teachers go here.
Trouble signing in
I signed in as a student and I’m a teacher with a G Suite for Education account
- School account—Also known as a G Suite for Education account, this account is set up by an accredited school. It looks like email@example.com.
- Personal Google Account—This is set up by you, or your parent or guardian. Typically you use a personal Google Account outside of a school setting, such as a homeschool. It looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- G Suite account—This is set up by your organization’s administrator. It looks like email@example.com.
I forgot my password
How do I switch between user accounts?
Trouble signing out
On Android, you don't sign out of an account; instead, you remove your account from your device. Removing the account doesn't delete the it, so you'll still be able to use your account on other devices.
- In the Classroom app, tap Menu .
- Next to your name and email, tap Down Manage accounts.
- Tap Google.
- (Optional) Tap your account.
- At the top right, tap More Remove account.
- To confirm, tap Remove Account.
Trouble accessing classes
If your school uses G Suite for Education—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code. If the new class code doesn’t work, ask your teacher to contact the school’s admin.
If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code.
A class code consists of 6 or 7 alphanumeric characters. For example, hjhmgrk or g5gdp1.
Note: You only use the class code once to enroll. You don't need to re-use the class code.
I deleted or forgot my class code
Note: You only use the class code once to join the class. You are then enrolled in the class and you don't need to re-use the code again.
I deleted my class invitation
I unenrolled from a class and want to re-enroll
How do I create a class?
Trouble posting comments
How do I undelete a post?
Trouble with email and messages
If you get an error message when you click Turn in, let your instructor know.
If you can’t turn in an attachment assigned to you, try these steps:
- To save any work you did in the attachment, copy and paste your work into a blank document.
- In the Classroom assignment, on the attachment, click Remove click Make a copy.
- Click the new attachment.
- Paste any saved work into the new file.
- Click Turn in.
If you didn't get an attachment your teacher assigned, let your teacher know.
For information about attachments assigned to you, go to Turn in an assignment.