Troubleshooting for students
This article is for students. Teachers go here.
Trouble signing in
I signed in as a student and I’m a teacher with a G Suite for Education account
- School account—Also known as a G Suite for Education account, this account is set up by an accredited school. It looks like email@example.com.
- Personal Google Account—This is set up by you, or your parent or guardian. Typically you use a personal Google Account outside of a school setting, such as a homeschool. It looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- G Suite account—This is set up by your organization’s administrator. It looks like email@example.com.
I forgot my password
How do I switch between user accounts?
Trouble signing out
On Android, you don't sign out of an account; instead, you remove your account from your device. Removing the account doesn't delete the it, so you'll still be able to use your account on other devices.
- In the Classroom app, tap Menu .
- Next to your name and email, tap Down Manage accounts.
- Tap Google.
- (Optional) Tap your account.
- At the top right, tap More Remove account.
- To confirm, tap Remove Account.
Trouble accessing classes
If your school uses G Suite for Education—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code. If the new class code doesn’t work, ask your teacher to contact the school’s admin.
If you’re a student using a personal Google Account outside of a school—Ask your teacher to send you a new class code.
A class code consists of 6 or 7 alphanumeric characters. For example, hjhmgrk or g5gdp1.
Note: You only use the class code once to enroll. You don't need to re-use the class code.
I deleted or forgot my class code
Note: You only use the class code once to join the class. You are then enrolled in the class and you don't need to re-use the code again.