This article is for teachers.
You can reuse an announcement, assignment, or question from a class. When you reuse a post, you can:
- Use it in the original class or in a different class.
- Make copies of any attachments, including rubrics, or add new ones.
- Modify the post before you publish it.
Before you begin
- If the post was originally sent to individual students, the post defaults to all students when you reuse it, but you can select individual students again if you want. Learn more
- You can’t post to individual students across multiple classes. Posts to multiple classes are shared with all students in the classes.
- If your reused post has a rubric, you can edit the rubric in your new assignment. Your edits don’t affect the rubric in the original assignment.
- You can reuse assignments with rubrics on the web and mobile versions of Classroom.
- On the web version of Classroom, you can edit the rubric in the new assignment. Your edits don't affect the original assignment. Learn more
- Click the class and choose an option:
- Reuse an announcement—On the Stream page, in the Share something with your class box, click Reuse post .
- Reuse an assignment, question, or materials—Click ClassworkCreateReuse post .
- Click the class that has the post you want to reuse.
- Click the post.
- (Optional) If you’re copying this post to a different class, and don’t want to link multiple classes to the same attachments, check the Create new copies of all attachments box. This creates new documents in the Drive folder of the class you are reusing this post in.
- Click Reuse.
- (Optional) Change any information. Add or delete any attachments.
- Choose an option:
- Save the post for later—Next to Assign, Ask, or Post, click the Down arrow Save draft.
- Reuse an assignment—Click Assign.
- Reuse a question—Click Ask.
- Reuse an announcement—Click Post.