Set up notifications
This article is for students. Teachers go here.
You can receive an email and mobile notification from Classroom whenever:
- A teacher invites you to a new class.
- A teacher creates a new assignment, question, or announcement.
- A teacher grades or returns work.
- Anyone comments on your post or mentions you in a post or comment.
- A teacher sends you a private note.
- You have unsubmitted work that's due within 24 hours.
Notifications are on by default and you can specify which notifications you want to receive.
- Tap Classroom .
- At the top, tap Menu .
- Scroll down and tap Settings.
- (Optional) To turn off email notifications, at Send email notifications, tap Turn off .
- (Optional) To have your device vibrate when you receive a notification, tap Vibration.
- (Optional) To have your device make a sound when you receive a notification, tap Sound.
- Tap any notification to turn it on or off.
- (Optional) To turn off all device notifications, at Device notifications, tap Turn off .
If you have any unread notifications, you’ll see a red circle on the app Menu .
Tap Classroom .
- Tap Menu Notifications.
- (Optional) To see only unread notifications, tap All Unread.
- (Optional) To see all notifications, tap Unread All.
- Swipe the notification across the screen to delete it.
Note: Learn more about how to organize Classroom notifications in your email inbox by creating rules to filter your emails.