How do I sign in to Classroom?
You can sign in to Classroom with:
- A G Suite for Education account (firstname.lastname@example.org) that is set up by your school. If you don't know your G Suite for Education account, ask your teacher or the school’s administrator. Learn more about G Suite for Education.
- A personal Google Account (email@example.com) that is set up by you. Learn more about creating a Google Account.
You must have an active internet connection to sign in.
Sign in for the first time
To learn more about downloading the Classroom app, see Get the Classroom app.
- Tap Classroom .
- Tap Get Started.
- Tap Add account.
- Enter your G Suite for Education username or your personal Google Account username and tap Next.
Remember: Your G Suite for Education username might look like firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal account username might look like email@example.com.
- Enter your password and tap Next.
- If there is a welcome message, read it and tap Accept.
- If you are using a G Suite for Education account, tap I’m A Student or I’m A Teacher.
- (Optional) To receive Classroom notifications, tap Allow.
Ready to start using Classroom?
|Error message||What it means||What you can do|
|Your administrator hasn’t activated Classroom.||Your administrator hasn’t turned on Classroom for your account.||Contact your school administrator.|
|This service has been disabled by your admin.||Classroom is not activated for your account.||Contact your school administrator.|
|You can’t use Classroom with this account.||You tried to sign in to Classroom with the wrong account.||
|Has your admin activated Classroom? To use Classroom, ask your school’s IT or G Suite administrator to activate Classroom for your school.||Your school doesn't use G Suite for Education.||Your school needs to sign up for G Suite for Education before you can use Classroom.|
Students, when you’re signed in, you’ll see classes your teachers created. Click Join to add yourself to a class. For details, see Join a class.
Teachers and students, click Menu to access other areas of Classroom.
- Classes—Students, navigate to any of your classes. Teachers, see how to create a class.
- Calendar—Students, see your class calendars. Teachers, track student work on class calendars.
- Work—To see all assignments and posts for your classes, students, go here, and teachers, go here.
- Settings—Manage your password, profile photo, and notifications.