How do I sign in to Classroom?
Depending on your learning setting, sign in to Classroom with one of the following user account types:
- School account—Also known as a G Suite for Education account, this account is set up by an accredited school. It looks like firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't know your G Suite for Education account details, ask your teacher or the school’s IT admin.
- Personal Google Account—This is set up by you, or your parent or guardian. Typically you use a personal Google Account outside of a school setting, such as a homeschool. It looks like email@example.com.
- G Suite account—This is set up by your organization’s admin. It looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, see About Classroom user accounts.
Note: Parents and guardians can't access Classroom or their child's assignments due to privacy laws. Guardians can receive email summaries if their child's teacher allows it. For more information, see About guardian email summaries.
You must have an active internet connection to sign in
Sign in for the first time
To learn more about downloading the Classroom app, see Get the Classroom app.
- Tap Classroom .
- Tap Get Started.
- Tap Add account.
- Enter your username and tap Next.
- Enter your password and tap Next.
- If there is a welcome message, read it and tap Accept.
- If you are using a G Suite for Education account, tap I’m A Student or I’m A Teacher.
Note: Users with personal Google Accounts won’t see this option.
- (Optional) To receive Classroom notifications, tap Allow.
Ready to start using Classroom?
If you have trouble signing in
|Error message||What it means||What you can do|
|Your administrator hasn’t activated Classroom.||Your administrator hasn’t turned on Classroom for your account.||Contact your IT administrator.|
|This service has been disabled by your admin.||Classroom isn't activated for your account.||Contact your IT administrator.|
|You can’t use Classroom with this account.||You signed in to Classroom with the wrong account.||
|Has your admin activated Classroom? To use Classroom, ask your school’s IT or G Suite administrator to activate Classroom for your school.||Your school doesn't use G Suite for Education.||Your school needs to sign up for G Suite for Education before you can use Classroom.|
Access other areas of Classroom
Students, when you’re signed in, you’ll see classes your teachers created. Click Join to add yourself to a class. For details, see Join a class.
Teachers and students, click Menu to access other areas of Classroom.
- Classes—Students, navigate to any of your classes. Teachers, see how to create a class.
- Calendar—Students, see your class calendars. Teachers, track student work on class calendars.
- Work—To see all assignments and posts for your classes, students, go here, and teachers, go here.
- Settings—Change your profile photo or password.