This page is for teachers. Students go here.
You can send an email to your students, co-teachers, and guardians from Classroom using your Classroom account.
Before you begin
- To email students, your administrator needs to turn on Gmail for you and your students.
- For your students to send email in Classroom, the Gmail and Directory services must be turned on for students. For help, contact your G Suite administrator.
- You can email to up to 100 recipients at once. If a class has more than 100 students, you’ll need to email some students first and then send the message again to the remaining students.
- You can only email one class at a time. To send a message to multiple classes at once, post an announcement to multiple classes.
- Guardians don’t need a Gmail account for you to send them an email from Classroom.
- Click the classclick People.
Choose an option:
Email one student Next to the student's name, click More Email student. Email multiple students
- Check the box next to each student's name.
- At the top, click ActionsEmail.
Email the entire class
- Next to Actions, check the box.
- Click ActionsEmail.
Email a co-teacher Under Teachers, next to a teacher's name, click More Email. Email guardians
- To send an email to a single guardian, click More Email guardians.
- To send an email to all of the guardians in a class, click Email all guardians.
Note: When you email multiple recipients, the default setting adds the addresses to the Bcc field. You can move addresses to the To or Cc field.
Enter a subject for your message.
(Optional) To attach files, photos, or links to your message, go to Send attachments with your Gmail message.
Enter your message and click Send.
You can't see or get emails in Classroom. To view sent or received emails, sign in with your Classroom account and open Gmail.
At the top, click the App Launcher Gmail .